2»

Replies

• HipsterGuy33
    Options
    Proudly vegan!
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've lost 185 Pounds in less than two years from working out at home & drinking plenty of water . . . I'd like to switch to vegan types of food. What would you suggest that people start with?

Thanks in advanced..
  • RunsSober
    RunsSober Posts: 38
    Options
    I recently transitioned to a plant-based diet and have never felt better. It definitely helps me recover faster from workouts. Looking for friends and always interested in recipes for both meals and smoothies.
  • dmtgardner
    Options
    I am a fat free vegan. I follow Bill Clinton's diet from Prevent and Reverse Heart _Disease. Check out Heartattackproof.com for the food plan.

You do have to be committed but it is effortless and very satisfying. If you have struggled with overeating all your life and periodically relapse..the definition of an addict is someone who always returns to the substance that is killing them, check out some of the 12 Step programs that address food addiction like FAA or FA.....

FA has the 20 Questions for "are you a food addict"...that is what is wrong with WW..they do not address the underlying biochemical illness we have as food addicts or the psychological component..

Food Addicts Anonymous is less rigid than Food Addicts Anonymous in Recovery ..FA..but you could try them both..if nothing else..go for the support and the discipline...being vegan is a worthwhile goal and a moral choice..
    Good luck honey..I get this s one..my husband is a fat free vegan too..besides saving the animals we are saving ourselves too...and.our souls ..eating a animals raised in corporate farming methods require staying in some mind bending denial...I can't do it..it's worth the effort...stay vegan...read Animal Liberation..watch the movie Babe the Pig..go on Peta's website to r e mind yourself what you are doing...hang with like minded people..

Best,
    Dianne
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    10 year vegetarian turned chicken eater for too long, finally had enough, and decided to go vegan 25 days ago . Well to give it a couple months at least to see if it's something I can do but so far I find it pretty effortless. Have found a few really helpful vegan friends here. Honestly, they have helped make the transition so pleasant. Would love to find some great recipes and always happy to add like-minded friends. :happy:
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Ive been vegan for ages... since 1987. I was in the punk scene... already doing the straightedge thing, active in the anti-apartheid movement of the time, and went to San Francisco and discovered vegetarian options at Chinese restaurants there. Thats more or less how it all began. A few years ago I went back to school and put on some weight I havent been able to lose in spite of being vegan. Since I started skating and logging on this website the weight has just melted away. Exercise its key.

Feel free to say hello! Would love some vegan company on this voyage.
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am, for the most part, a vegan. Feel free to add me, and I'll offer support and I will totally chat with anyone about food and stuff.
  • MsVeganVader
    Options
    After being a vegetarian for 8 years, I went vegan 3 yrs ago. I love it & could never go back. I'm new to MFP. I'm 27 & have 25lbs of baby weight to lose. My diary is open to friends. Anyone can add me, I'd love more friends (especially vegans!).
  • RawIndian
    RawIndian Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am Vegan and more of the raw type and but still eat cooked food everyday.

And loving it!
  • Allyvegan
    Allyvegan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Looking for more vegan friends with open (to friends, at least) diaries. I love looking at plant based food diaries!
  • Naked_Superman
    Naked_Superman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    26 year old vegan since I was 18 here. Spent the last couple of months losing weight, now bulking up, and looking for protein rich recipes to do so.
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    My dad and step-mom are vegan, and I've always enjoyed the information they had to share. I quit eating meat 10 weeks ago. I'm still eating too much junk food, and have been working on that. Slowing transitioning to more vegan choices. I recently replaced my olive oil mayo with Vegenaise. Looking at the cost of some of the other products, I just to chose to go without some of them!

I have teenage boys who I have custody of every other week. They are interested in eating healthier, but not ready to give up meat yet! I keep making them taste things, and they like some of them. Their dad's household is fully carnivore, so I try to not be a b---- about some of the junk they eat.
  • VeganMotoGirl
    VeganMotoGirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Konnichiwa!! I am still technically new to the vegan lifestyle but I had been moving that direction for a long time before taking the final plunge this year to make it official. Happy to meet fellow like minded folks on MFP.
  • Krista6558
    Options
    woot woot.
    Congrats on exploring veganism :D
    You wont regret it !
  • Krista6558
    Options
    Hello :D
    I'd love to connect with you !
    I have been vegan for 2.5 years now and I am so grateful for that decision.
    I am 26 years old from BC Canada.
    Stats
    Height: 5'1"
    CW: 125lbs
    GW: 115lbs
    Goal: Be comfortable in my body and to look kick *kitten* awesome :D
    Any vegan or relate to me please feel free to add me as a friend
  • chocolatexxmintt
    chocolatexxmintt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegan but I am vegetarian.
  • kbem7
    kbem7 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm vegan and have only been on here for 1 week. No friends on here yet! Would like to connect with people who are vegan too.

I've been vegetarian for 13 years and vegan only since November. I'm 25.

:-)