Easter Chocolates & Treats in the Office

Options
People keep giving me chocolates and leaving *buckets* of them all over the office. I've been pretty good at giving them to other people all week or putting them back in the buckets...I'm reaching my limit though! I'm sure to go in a cold sweat trying to fight the urge.

How are the rest of you holding up with all these tempting treats?

Replies

• amberlynn0925
    Options
    I'm not sure this will help, but I just remind myself that nothing tastes as good as being skinny. Also, I just always say no, if I break at all it's all downhill from there:) On the other hand, I also gave up all dessert like treats for lent so I definitely can't break until Sunday!
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'd just pick one or two if I were you and I'd work them into my calories for the day. You can always take a nice walk or jog and treat yourself with some treats. For me, there's just no giving up those Reeses eggs.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    All I know is that my whole department was slighted yesterday when the other teams on our floor had a huge potluck for tax day. One co-worker and I contemplated asking our manager to run interference on their managers while we sneaked past and started grabbing things. :laugh:
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    If you want to have some, then eat a few, but remember to log exactly what you eat. My boyfriend is notorious for giving me truffles and other such amazing treats. I keep them at my desk but make sure everyone knows they are welcome to them whenever they want. My office always has some sort of cookie or treat floating around and it is not easy to resist.
    I like the quote, "nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels".
  • Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... chocolate (in moderation ^_^)...

tumblr_mme84jEiy41softpoo1_500.gif
  • ackman2002
    ackman2002 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My office always has food. Usually bagel and muffins and candy. Recently they've been getting Kind bars (which are a little healthy).

I usually take a photo of the carb/sugar spread, post a photo online of their attempt to sabotage me and then go eat an apple.
  • jtrack3d
    jtrack3d Posts: 91
    Options
    I think as long as you count them....and you don't want to feel like you missed out on any festivity. However, only if you want them. I definitely will grab a little chocolate, but the rest of it... like peeps or jelly beans I can definitely skip.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

Yum. And yes. If you want a treat have a treat.

Remember you're doing this for life. Are you going to avoid chocolates your whole life?
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Have a big slab cake in the lunchroom right now for someone's office anniversary. I was good...but I'm also not a huge cake person :happy:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

OMG I'm drooling....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    I'll eat them if no one else wants too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MadMacMom0309
    MadMacMom0309 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. I just say no to all of it because that is what works for me. Today my co-workers have brought in what they have termed "Easter snacks" but I swear it looks like a meal, deviled eggs, mac and cheese, some kind of bread. I just walk on by! That's not to say I will not have a Reese's egg or three sometime this weekend :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you count them....and you don't want to feel like you missed out on any festivity. However, only if you want them. I definitely will grab a little chocolate, but the rest of it... like peeps or jelly beans I can definitely skip.

This!^ Make a choice....pick the thing you really want. Then log it.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    ha ha......resist!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I just pass them onto another coworker :glasses:
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options

Ok So I'm scrolling through this at the office and the phone rang just as I got to this. The whole time I writing down the message I'm staring at this. No I want some chocolate!

I don't really have that problem where I work. I work at a small office. I'm the assistant and there is two lawyers. That's it. One of them is in Jamaica this week so that just leave the two of us. He doesn't eat in the office, so I don't have to worry about him bringing in chocolate.
  • jennawilson_
    jennawilson_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm off school at the moment and my mum and dad are keeping all the easter treats for my younger brother in my kitchen. At the beginning I had amazing willpower but have just given in and ended up eating three borboun biscuits and several spoonfuls of nutella!!! I haven't eaten chocolate in months and now I feel absolutely awful

omg aarrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thats how i feel right now) lol.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    My office always has food. Usually bagel and muffins and candy. Recently they've been getting Kind bars (which are a little healthy).

I usually take a photo of the carb/sugar spread, post a photo online of their attempt to sabotage me and then go eat an apple.

MjAxMy1mMjQ1YTg4YTJmNmRjNWYx.png
    This is great:
    mujer-rubia-joven-que-come-el-perrito-caliente-con-la-salsa-de-tomate-21979405.jpg
    But this? Not so much...
    tumblr_mddsnhcfqN1r8xipxo1_250.gif

Does that clear things up at all?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    People keep giving me chocolates and leaving *buckets* of them all over the office. I've been pretty good at giving them to other people all week or putting them back in the buckets...I'm reaching my limit though! I'm sure to go in a cold sweat trying to fight the urge.

How are the rest of you holding up with all these tempting treats?

I'd eat a couple for a few days and then I'd be over it. I have Milky Ways and Starbursts sitting on my desk right now that a coworker gave me.