it possible for stress to cause weight loss?

Options
I decided to eat on my maintenance or just below for 3 or 4 weeks. This was a about 12 days ago. However a lot has happened which has really stressed me. One, money is always a pain to organise, I have a busy job and have been stressed due to that, my dog died :(, the washing machine broke and to top it off my mum has (me and the doctors think) she has had bad side effects from some antibiotics which have caused psychosis, meaning due to a mental brake sown because of them she has been hospitalised.
Obviously I'm pretty stressed, I have been over eating I'm sure and I have had a take out a total number of 4 times in this in the 12 days. I haven't lost weight in weeks but somehow, I lost 1/2 a pound 2 days ago and its still off.
Is it possible for stress to cause weight loss?

Replies

• LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    In my experience as a person with an anxiety disorder, stress can *definitely* affect your appetite. If you're constantly worried it's hard to think about food, and so you often eat less. The best thing to do is try calming exercises for your brain. Yoga is excellent for that.