P90X....Advice Needed

Options
I am so impressed at the result many have achieved using this site and P90X. I have the set and want to get started but it seems so overwhelming, I can't do some of the exercises on the disks right now. I really need advice from those of you that have started or are currently doing P90X. How did you start? Do you do it everyday? I would just like to get an idea of whats been working for everyone else. Thank you in advance. Good luck to all!!

Replies

• toludc
    toludc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    About to start it myself so await answers with interest
  • Dcnorfolk
    Options
    I did P90X for a few days. And I couldn't complete every exercise. I could only do about 1 - 5 pull ups, but I used a chair to help me do them. Also, I didn't always complete the number of push-ups (and other exercises) that Tony and the other guys completed. This sounds corny but take Tony's advice: "Do your best and forget the rest." Seriously, it doesn't matter if you can't do all the reps, it's more important to consistently try to do the exercises every day. Just do as much as you can everyday. That's why P90 works, if you do anything for an hour a day then you'll lose weight. Good luck X-ing. Cheers.

(I wish I would have stayed with P90 and I plan to try again, but for now, I'm just running and going to the gym.)
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed at the result many have achieved using this site and P90X. I have the set and want to get started but it seems so overwhelming, I can't do some of the exercises on the disks right now. I really need advice from those of you that have started or are currently doing P90X. How did you start? Do you do it everyday? I would just like to get an idea of whats been working for everyone else. Thank you in advance. Good luck to all!!

I could barely get through the warmups initially and took forever to get truly started. My advice is to start with the cardio x workout which will help you learn a lot of the non-strength training moves and get you some conditioning. My best advice is to not let the intensity of the workouts discourage you, the best thing to do is try the moves and do your best with them and take breaks. Like Tony says over and over "do your best and forget the rest." My wife and I started together on our first round in June and it was rough but we pressed on and got stronger. So do your best and Bring It!!! You will get results

My Results:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/140133-p90x-round-2-day-60-pics
  • Dcnorfolk
    Options
    Hey Frankbo, do you have before and after pictures on your profile?
  • wendiwen123
    wendiwen123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the DVDs and just started doing them one at a time. You don't have to go in order. When I first started I couldn't do one push up and now I can do about 8 so just take your time, do your best and over time you will get stronger, lose the weight and feel GREAT! Good luck :smile:
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I did them back in 2009 and just started again yesterday. Follow them in order...that allows your muscles to heal before working them again. There is a method to the order. Don't worry if you can't do everything...Even after I did it the first time I still couldn't do a pull up on my own. I do a lot of the hard push-ups on my knees and use a stool for the pull ups. Just do what you can!! But don't NOT try it because it seems overwhelming. I do think that Chest/Back is the hardest. Give it a try and just do what you can!! This is about you, not about keeping up with someone else. Who knows...you might surprise yourself! ;)
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else says, just give it your all. There is a schedule in the package. If you can't do push ups, try them from your knees and make the effort. You might only be able to lower yourself, or go down 3" then back up. That is ok, you are doing what you can. With pull ups, if you are not close to being able to do 1 on your own, try the band method used in the dvd. Loop the band over a hook and pull down.

Just push yourself, do your best and you will see gains and results. Good luck!