Getting back on the wagon!

Options
I was good for a while, then was allowing myself a bad weekend... which became a bad week ...and eventually a bad month! I've gained almost half a stone and am feeling completely demotivated. Even all the skinny girls walking around in crop tops in the sun aren't making me behave! Any tips?

Replies

• Skinny_For_Good
    Skinny_For_Good Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't know about tips, but I'm in the same exact boat! I reached my goal weight in October and I was feeling great, and all it took was a few cheat days and I spiralled out of control and everything went horribly wrong. My parents were stressing me out, my friends were stressing me out, school was stressing me out, and all my extracurriculars were stressing me out too. It was a nightmare, and soon I was emotionally eating, and then my weight was stressing me out. 5 months later I had gained about 10 pounds and had developed bulimia. Once I got help, my whole life started turning around. I'm now trying to lose weight the healthy way and love my body and love my life. I feel like a new person and I'm optimistic for my future. So really, the advice I can give you is: see the beauty in yourself, your body, and your life, and even though it's hard.. the beauty in others. I feel so much happier and more comfortable trying to lose weight when I accept everything as it is and appreciate the beauty in it:) good luck!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Try to come to terms with the theory that food is not good or bad, those are human emotions. Food is fuel for out bodies so perhaps thinking of it that way will help you to view it in a healthier light? Aim for reasonable portion control, getting enough protein/healthy fat/fruits/veggies/whole grains/etc.
    I was good for a while, then was allowing myself a bad weekend... which became a bad week ...and eventually a bad month! I've gained almost half a stone and am feeling completely demotivated. Even all the skinny girls walking around in crop tops in the sun aren't making me behave! Any tips?
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Exact same thing happened to me! I reached my goal last summer then gradually, while trying to maintain, my eating crept up and up and now I'm 10lbs heavier and gutted. I'm sure my body just starts to override my brain to stop me losing weight, and tries to regain anything I've lost as some subconscious survival thing. I'm back on here to get my head back into healthy eating, I have no tips but sometimes it's good to know it happens to other people?
  • nicmax88
    nicmax88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for showing me I'm not the only one! The advice you ladies have provided definitely helps. I think getting back to the gym will help too. Eating rubbish when you've worked your butt off is never as appealing!
  • tomorrowstrength
    Options
    I'm with you on this! I lost around 40lb over the last few years, but just before christmas my eating went off track, and a few attempts to regain control and failing later, here I am 15lbs heavier than my lowest weight.

I've started my MFP accound from new to draw a line under the cycle for me. I'm writing myself a 6 week plan to get focused again... I hope you find what works for you!
  • nicmax88
    nicmax88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this! I lost around 40lb over the last few years, but just before christmas my eating went off track, and a few attempts to regain control and failing later, here I am 15lbs heavier than my lowest weight.

I've started my MFP accound from new to draw a line under the cycle for me. I'm writing myself a 6 week plan to get focused again... I hope you find what works for you!

Well done on the weight loss regardless! That's amazing! I hope your plan works. I think I'm getting back on track too.