New Guy Here

Options
Well I am signed up and posting up in hopes that gaining some online encouragement will help me in my weight loss Journey. I work as a computer Analyst and gained over 100lbs over the course of 20 years. Last year I was out of work and took a job doing construction to make ends meet and manage to go from a 52" waist down to a 44". Back in computers and am seeing the wight come back a little (up to 46") So going to nip this in the bud this time around.

I have started monitoring my intake over this week as well as my activity to set some base lines. Based on the foods that I am eating I can clearly see my issue is Portion Control for dinner as I eat very little through the day and Coke. i swear Cola is more addictive than anything going. When working construction I was drinking lots of water being out in the heat and sun everyday. I stopped that when moving back inside and was drinking 3 cans of coke a day.

Well That is my intro. Would really like to get some motivation from others and work to achieve each others goals.

D

Replies

• Vienna00000
    Options
    Welcome! I haven't been here long but I've lost 3.2 pounds so far, this is a great site! I've added you as a friend.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • rhondafrick
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck in your Journey!!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to get started. Lots of info, support and motivation! Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • foodaholic11
    foodaholic11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me. :')
  • birdsetfree
    birdsetfree Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

if you track your intake and output you will be surprised (and accountable). It really makes a difference, so keep logging. If you bite it, write it.
  • Katya57
    Katya57 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I've been using MFP for about 6 months on and off. I lost about 10 pounds and then stopped doing it. I am back now and need to lose about 40 pounds. Here's my issue: I have thyroid disease, for which I take medication. It makes losing weight really slow which is super frustrating. I also just found out that I have a herniated disc in my back, so I have to take it easy on the exercise. Both these issues make it tougher but my bigger issue is the amnesia I face every day about my weight. I tell myself that "this cookie doesn't matter in the long run" or "it's ok to eat whatever you want". And guess what? I still have this weight on me. I feel especially bad as my 16 year old daughter is a Type 1 diabetic, and I am not a good role model for her.

Please let me know if anyone faces similar health issues and how to get past them so I don't keep giving up! Thanks in advance!
    Franny57
  • Kimmy7777
    Kimmy7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    You can add me for motivation!
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.