Tracking exercise and sharing a new exercise

Options
I am a personal trainer and strongly recommend MyFitnessPal for clients to track caloric input and output. Much of my fitness philosophy is about customizing workouts to incorporate cardio, strength, flexibility, balance. I want to create a new exercise(s) that incorporate a sample workout and have it available for my clients to access on MyFitnessPal (i.e., Boot Camp, Interval Training Workout). Can I "post" a unique workout so my clients can use it for tracking? If so, how can I do this? Thanks!

Replies

• 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I believe you can add a new workout to the database. If you go into "exercise" and add a new entry; you have to input a basic amount of time and calories burned (i.e boot camp, 30 mins 300calories burned). It should save it so anyone can go to their excerise log and choice that workout. Hope it works :happy:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Actually, that feature only adds to your own profile, otherwise we wouldn't have so many complaints about Zumba.

Don't you have your clients wear an HRM for cardio, so that they know how much they are burning? If not, why not just have them use the circuit training entry already available?
  • OhFitness
    OhFitness Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Concordancia is right. It only adds the exercise to your profile. MyFitnessPal is utilized best for food, not an exercise database. I use a separate database on my own website that allows me to tailor make routines for clients. As a personal trainer, I've found that I get better results with clients completing tasks when I make it as easy as possible. This way, they don't have to search around or put anything together. They just follow the routine I laid out for them step by step. The program notifies me once they've completed their workout, and I can track their stats for them.

There are lots of exercise applications designed just for personal trainers to use with their clients & MFP isn't one...sorry. You can see the one I use on my site by going to www.ohfitnessllc.com/onlinepersonaltraining . If you like it, you can purchase a licensing agreement from the parent company called Pump One like I did. Hyperstrike is another company that some trainers use too. You'll just need to decide which company fits best with your client's needs.