Fat free or sugar free

Options
I am looking for opinions. I drink coffee every morning and even though I don't use any sweetner I can't break myself of some creamer. Skim milk alone is not enough so I am trying to decide if I use normal half and half or fat free half and half. My coffee is the one thing I never give up. I know fat free creamer has added sugar, so the question becomes what is better less fat with sugar additives or just full fat no additives in the creamer?? What do you all think???

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am looking for opinions. I drink coffee every morning and even though I don't use any sweetner I can't break myself of some creamer. Skim milk alone is not enough so I am trying to decide if I use normal half and half or fat free half and half. My coffee is the one thing I never give up. I know fat free creamer has added sugar, so the question becomes what is better less fat with sugar additives or just full fat no additives in the creamer?? What do you all think???

Doesn't really matter or you know you could actually drink your coffee black
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Agree with other poster - if you can enjoy your coffee black, that is best. I love Italian roast with no sugar or cream. However the coffee at work needs amending. I add half & half with a packet of stevia. But if I had to choose between the fat and the sugar, I would choose the fat.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Whichever one helps you keep to your goals which you didn't specify.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Whichever one helps you keep to your goals which you didn't specify.

^^This.

This morning I used 1/4 cup of 2% milk and 2 tablespoons of full-fat, full-sugar creamer in my coffee. Sometimes I'll skip the creamer and use Ovaltine to sweeten it. As long as it fits in your calorie goals, you can use whatever you want in your coffee.
  • bonoeuf
    bonoeuf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Have the creamer, a little pleasure on a morning can be a good thing, count it in and enjoy it.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Have the creamer, a little pleasure on a morning can be a good thing, count it in and enjoy it.

Fur reals! have at it. it's like 40 calories. There have to be SOME allowances.

If I have to go black, I have Bustelo black with real sugar. Not often but it's good. Otherwise I have my regular roast with half-n-half and no sugar. Fake sweetener I have like once or thrice a year. It just tastes bad to me.
  • PennyJB63
    PennyJB63 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I feel better about keeping it natural too so I think full fat cream is my choice. I trck every drop and still I am losing and staying within my daily goal, so I guess I will stick with it. Thank you all again.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Both - have it black and strong!
  • meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I was one of those people who liked a "little coffee" in my cup of creamer.....until I realized one day that I was drinking 300+ calories each time I filled my 20 oz thermal mug at work... and some days I filled it 3 or 4 times!!!!

When I realized just how many calories I was consuming (thanks to MFP)... I made the decision then and there that I would rather enjoy those calories elsewhere and have trained myself to like black coffee -- no longer 3 or 4 mugs full... usually 1 and I don't always empty it. That's not to say, however, that I don't sometimes treat myself a little. About twice a month, I do treat myself to a "skinny latte" from either Starbucks or Caribou ... 20 oz cup which is around 160 cal..... would much rather have premium coffee with creamer WHEN I choose to partake, rather than the inferior coffee with gross powder creamer that I had become accustomed to in the past...