my super skinny 100 calorie muffins

Options
Honeycat89
Honeycat89 Posts: 149
Hello there!

I have an amazing recipe for 100 calorie muffins, using spelt flour & coconut sugar. See my blog for the full recipe :)

http://sunnysideupsoph.com/2014/03/29/my-super-skinny-100-calorie-muffins-2-ways/

You can have 3 of these for the same calories as a SKINNY starbucks muffin. I'd post a pic but I can't on here. :( There are pictures on my blog. Enjoy :) x

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So tiny!
  • Honeycat89
    Options
    They're not that small, i bought big muffin cases instead of the normal size ones! haha :)
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting your blog!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Oh, that makes sense, lol. Well they look good anyway, I just don't have most of the ingredients.
  • Honeycat89
    Options
    Thank you :) I'm a passionate writer and never got round to it until now. Keep tuned, i have so many recipes to post such as cauliflower base pizza, fat free curry, gluten free peanut butter cookies and more! :) I thought the MFP community would like it! x
  • Honeycat89
    Options
    Oh, that makes sense, lol. Well they look good anyway, I just don't have most of the ingredients.

You can substitute the spelt flour for any type of flour, the sugar for any sugar and the cocounut milk for any type of milk! They still come out tasty! I just used spelt and coconut to make them a little bit healthier :)

I've made them with normal white flour, white sugar and skimmed milk and they come out just as good! The colour is a bit lighter as the coconut sugar gives it a golden colour.
  • Honeycat89
    Options

You can substitute the spelt flour for any type of flour, the sugar for any sugar and the cocounut milk for any type of milk! They still come out tasty! I just used spelt and coconut to make them a little bit healthier :)

I've made them with normal white flour, white sugar and skimmed milk and they come out just as good! The colour is a bit lighter as the coconut sugar gives it a golden colour.

Also no matter what you substitute it for they still come out around the same calories, the coconut and spelt flour aren't any lower in calories, they're just more nutritious!
  • Janajohnson89
    Janajohnson89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Annabelliedellie
    Options
    Thanks for this recipe! I have all the ingredients in my cupboard so will make these tonight. I will let you know how they go. :) I love that I can have a sweet snack and know it's light in cals! Do you think it would work with other flavors?
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and thank you for this recipe! I LOVE blueberry muffins and I don't usually get them because they are so high in calories so when I do have one it's a treat! You wouldn't happen to have one for an apple spice or apple cinnamon muffin would you?! LOL
  • Honeycat89
    Options
    You wouldn't happen to have one for an apple spice or apple cinnamon muffin would you?! LOL

Hi :) The blueberry muffin recipe already has cinnamon in so if you wanted to make an apple and cinnamon muffin I would use the exact same base recipe and add chopped/stewed apple (in place of blueberrys) and up the cinnamon! I think that would be an amazing combo! Don't forget the base recipe already has apple sauce in it so I think you could easily sub the ingredients to make your favourite flavour!
  • Annabelliedellie
    Options
    Thank you! Will report back how mine go :D
  • robinerikson
    Options
    Look delicious. Thanks for sharing! I'm gonna try this one out in my kitchen. :D
  • Honeycat89
    Options
    Let me know how they go :)
  • Annabelliedellie
    Options
    bump