Polar fit

Options
Mermaidyo
Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
I'd really like the polarfit! The price is what's stopping me.

I need something "hands free" while I work out.

What works for you? Did you find a knock off brand that works?

I wish someone would donate to the Monica doesn't want to spend 100 on it.

Replies

• AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I got my FT-4 on Amazon for $65 I think
  • LaurenDanielle014
    LaurenDanielle014 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just purchased my polar FT4 on amazon 2 weeks ago for $64.99 free shipping

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005M1P85O/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1397670946&sr=8-1&keywords=Polar+Ft4&condition=new

IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY. my girlfriend bought a knock off for $49.99 and it told her she burned 2200 Cal in 1 hour (impossible) she is returning for the Polar FT4.

i highly recommend purchasing the polar FT4 you will not regret it :)
  • HikeCyclist
    HikeCyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and LOVE it. It may be pricey, but an HRM isn't something you'd (or I'd, really) want to chinze on. Polar is one of the best names for HRMs, and I've been told that they're a bit more technologically advanced (like I said, I've been TOLD; if I'm wrong here, correct me).

I went to Sports Authority to get mine, and while I paid the full price (I think it was $90), I also was given the opportunity to purchase a warranty (it was $11 for 1 year, $18 for 2). I was told that the batteries on the device are replaceable, but you have to send them out to Polar to get replaced, which would cost about $40. With the Sports Authority warranty, however, they'll not only replace the battery for you when it goes out, but they'll also replace it if it's damaged by giving you a completely new device. Even if you destroy it yourself (e.g. banging arm against the wall). The only thing they won't cover is if the device is lost. Basically you need to return it to them, damaged or dead battery, to get a new one.

I think I did good by putting forth the extra money because I know it's something that I'm going to be using for a while.
    I have zero regrets spending the money on it. If I were you, I'd check this out.
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies! :) I keep looking and reading reviews and see so many positive things besides the battery definitely seen that. Thank you also for the link! :) Much better than 99!!