empty hunger feeling why?

Options
deup
deup Posts: 129 Member
k so we will sit down to have dinner a full meal. chicken, rice, x2 cups of vegi, and right after give or take 10 minutes we get that hunger feeling no pain or discomfort but just that empty stomach feeling. has anyone had this and if anyone knows why? i am using up 90% of my cal intake daily

Replies

• kdawwg
    kdawwg Posts: 14
    Options
    More water maybe, sometimes it's hard to determine hunger and thirst....try drinking a tall glass of water and waiting 15 minutes
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE?

Here is a website that will help you determine if you are eating enough:

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • deup
    Options
    been trying the water thing still have it :9 . and i defintly eating enough cal :) wil defintly not make that mistake again lol
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    It takes a few tries to get the right balance. It will be much easier once you find it.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Are you just plowing through your dinner, or are you taking your time with it? It can take 20-30 minutes for your body to realize that it's full.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Besides the fact that under 1600 calories is low for a 32 yr old male, I would say more protein - since the begining of the month you only hit your protein macro once. Going over on your protein is even better - protein helps you to retain your muscle mass, you want to lose weight not muscles.
  • deup
    Options
    i never thought about eating slower will have to try that thank you Edlefevre, Knra i didn't know i could go over the protien amount? i been trying to stay under that 20% limit :(
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    i never thought about eating slower will have to try that thank you Edlefevre, Knra i didn't know i could go over the protien amount? i been trying to stay under that 20% limit :(
    I'm less hungry when I use MFP's protein & fiber goals as minimums, and ignore fat & carbs. It will take trial & error to find what works for you.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have experienced this all of my life. I discovered that it was white bread, white rice, pasta etc that could be the culprit. I find that if I have a meal that is predominantly made from one of these ingredients, then I feel this feeling. I am no nutritionist so wouldn't claim to be explaining this right, but I have heard that simple carbs like these can cause an insulin spike which may be responsible for the not full feeling. I am sure that someone way more knowledgeable will explain this better than I, but I now to try to eat more complex carbs (seed bread, etc). It has helped. And yes, more protein.
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    Is your calorie intake based on MFP's goals for you, or off of your BMR/TDEE? You've lost a good bit of weight, I assume you're more active, maybe you really need to eat a little more?
  • Rosyone
    Rosyone Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have experienced this all of my life. I discovered that it was white bread, white rice, pasta etc that could be the culprit.

In my case the culprit was potatoes.
  • belleamore1234
    belleamore1234 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Remove the rice from your meal, increase the protein (the mfp guides are an absolute minimum!!!!!) and increase the green leafy veg!
  • deup
    Options
    thanks guys for all the info :) yeah i don't eat potatoes, white pastas, bananas, bagels, white breads, or white rice

now is brown and wild rice as bad as white rice?

i am running off mfp's base plan not the other cause i don't know how to use or calculate the other for anything beyond cal intake but i think mfp has be at a -1000 delicate intake.

as for protein i am starting to reintroduce whey proteins unless there is something else better?

as for pastas i strictly stay with vegi pastas

sorry for the late responses
  • deup
    Options
    oh tryed the slow eating hasn't reduced the after hunger feeling after a semi large meal
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I feel like this when my ulcer acts up. I can always tell when I've used NSAIDS more days than I really should.
  • deup
    Options
    what are NSAIDS ?
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You're hungry because your calories are set very low. And it looks like you don't eat back any of your exercise calories either. Using MFP's method, it is intended that you eat back at least some of your exercise calories.
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    k so we will sit down to have dinner a full meal. chicken, rice, x2 cups of vegi, and right after give or take 10 minutes we get that hunger feeling no pain or discomfort but just that empty stomach feeling. has anyone had this and if anyone knows why? i am using up 90% of my cal intake daily

How many calories total were in this meal?