Over 200 lbs to lose...but not giving up

Options
Hi everyone. I heard about this site by word of mouth from someone who lost a lot of weight using it. I hope to encourage others and be encouraged myself. I am 30 years old and have a long journey of over 200 lbs to lose. I am tired of wishing it would go away and steadily gaining. I am under the supervision of a doctor now and beginning a low calorie diet with vigorous exercise. I am determined not be like this forever. I want to FEEL my age, not decades older.

Replies

• angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Add me to your friend list if you would like!!!!
    YOU can do it!!! It's never too late.........
    It sounds like you are off to a great start!!!!
  • PixieFen
    PixieFen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the hardest step...the decision to do something about it!!! :)

Best of luck!!! You definitely can do it!!!
  • SJSchwartz
    Options
    Well welcome to the site! I know it will help you a LOT :) It's been a life-saver for me. It's actually kind of fun logging in everyday and figuring out my calories. I try to look at it like a game, and that makes it that much easier to do. Good luck!
  • bigc150
    Options
    yes you can do it!
  • Lynnhilaire
    Options
    I understand. you can do it!
  • LapBandBobbi
    Options
    Good luck!
  • ashbridge
    Options
    You can do it! It's a one meal at a time, one day at a time. If you mess us one meal, don't let it affect your whole day! Just log it and move on. I have about 150-180 lbs to lose, so I completely understand. Feel free to add me and I will encourage, motivate and keep you accountable.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You can do it! It's not magic, you have to put in the work and lose it slowly, but you'll start to learn how to change your how outlook on life and eating!

Just take it one day at a time and don't give up! You are in control of your life! :smile:
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    go get em kid, I am closing in on 100 so you cannnnnnnn do it. Just be patient, honest with yourself and fight through the ups and downs.
  • littleswann
    littleswann Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to go...you're my inspiration!
  • dgilner
    dgilner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just take each day at a time. Try not to focus on the big picture - or the big goal - break down into smaller goals. Add as many friends as you can to your support circle - this will help you figure out who will help motivate you and you them - build good relationships and it doesnt feel so lonely.
    Best Wishes!!
    Dawn

Add me if you would like!!
  • cinrod312
    Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful encouragements!! I am so excited about this community! How do I add y'all as friends? Haven't figured that out yet.
  • cinrod312
    Options
    Nevermind...figured out the "friend" thing!
  • candycana
    candycana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am two decades older and want to feel YOUR age! lol. Good luck! We can do this!
  • Lola_Reina
    Options
    YAY- DO IT DO IT DO IT
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You sure can do it honey!! Just keep your goals realistic and in sight!! Don't look at this as a diet but as a whole new way of life. Try to log in everyday; it really helps keep me on track!
    Happy Holidays!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy!

Welcome to the site! MFP works if you work it! You will love it here. I am not one of those who is going to say it is easy. It is not but it is acheivable. One of my many tools is NEVER giving up like you have probably done in the past when the going gets tough.

We did not gain the weight overnight and it will not leave over night. Have a good week and think positive thoughts and believe you can do it and you will.

Hugs,
    Mollie
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It is a awesome site that will help you alot. It is a journey that we all are on and with the supportiveness of this community you will be successful. I have already sent you a friend request. Hang in there - you can do this!!:flowerforyou:
  • Carol_can_do_it
    Options
    You can do it! :flowerforyou: You have the belief in yourself and now you are getting your support team in place. I highly recommend to download the myfitnesspal app if your cell phone is enabled. it helps me stay honest when I am away from the computer. Please feel free to add me as one of your friends. My doctor has me on a special diet as well.
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll find some really amazing, supportive people here. Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey! :flowerforyou: