need some advice

Options
I am currently 159 and 5"11. I started in 2002 prekids at 263. I lost quite a bit before I had kids and was down to 186. After kids they are 5 and 8 now, I went to 159 where I have bottomed out. I workout 6 days a week lifting weights and running . I also do a lot of fitness blenders workouts.
Last year I was doing intermentent fasting and losing and was able to get to 155. I then stalled and couldnt lost anything. I had ro stop bevause I lost my period and started growing facial hair.
I have just recently started to eat 3 small meals a day no snacks. I just wanted to start eating this way becaus ei notice when I snackI dont want to stop!!!
This is a day of my dieting
workout at 5 am for 45-60 minutes either cardio or weights. I suually do mwf cardio tue thur are strength

I have an advocare spark..

For breakfast- bowl of plain oatbran. No sugar. And I might drink a small glass of low sugar high protein milk (mootpoia)

Breakfast is small salad with a couple pieces of lunch meat, low fat cheese and olive oil and vinegar

Dinner -whatever meat I have made and some salads.. I dont eat what everyone else does

I might have a desert depending on the timing..if too late then no
Desert- full fat yogurt 1/2 cup mixed with strawberries no sugar.

All of this and I feel bloated..I quit drinking coffee
Drink tons of water
I exercise 6 days a week and im always tired. Im so depressed that I cant lose weight.

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Are you sure that you need to lose weight? Your weight seems reasonable compared to your height.

Other than that, it seems like you're eating very little per day - how many calories a day on average? Tired & depressed might be a result of lack of nutrition.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Try feeding your body... your at a decent weight for your height so get off the 1200 calories and start eating for results.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Of course you're tired. You're exercising six days a week for almost an hour a day, chasing after two kids, and you're barely eating anything. Are you using a food scale to weigh and measure everything?

Read these, calculate your TDEE and see how that compares to what you are doing now. Your weight is actually healthy for your height, so at this point, body recomp may be a better option than trying to lose weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Eat more and then swap your exercise routine and do MWF - strength and TTh - Cardio - rest 2 days.

also, if you only have 9lbs to lose, change your goal to lose .5lbs per week.
  • superreal40
    superreal40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have also had people tell me to stay away from cereal and oat bran.. I really like uncle sams plain cereal with high protein low sugar milk.
    I will switch up my workout. Im just trying ro eat clean and dont understand why I alwYs feel bloated..?? ; (
    And wahy I cant lose. Thx for the info
  • daliyanin
    daliyanin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. You need to feed your body.
    As far as the bloating, i know certain foods cause me to bloat such as dairy. Maybe too much salt?
    Good luck!