PMT and Easter Chocolate do NOT go well together....

Options
I have a really f***ed up relationship to food, I have eaten so much chocolate today and I have already had to exercise off over 900 calories to make up for it and I am still over my calorie goal by 156 calories....I am so disappointed in myself!! Hopefully tomorrow morning will bring sanity (as there is no more chocolate in the house).

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    you went over a whole 156 calories?

/10 lbs overnight
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    you went over a whole 156 calories?

/10 lbs overnight

Time to break out the sweatpants
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Is there a question here?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    Is there a question here?

there is now
  • apeecaleb
    apeecaleb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Even after I lost 32 lbs, I asked my mother for a 4 lb box of my favorite chocolates for my birthday and I still maintained my weight....even lost a little more... eating only 1 serving a day.;) Even with Easter around the corner, and I'm breastfeeding...which makes me super hungry, I am eating Easter candy throughout the day....But only a serving of it a day and if I go over I eat less at another meal time. It's doable, you just need to discipline yourself!
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Look at your profile pic and take it to heart.
  • bleweydgrl
    Options
    yeah, I didnt eat 156 calories over my goal I ate 1150 calories over mygoal today...I know it may seem silly or petty to some people but I cannot help but feel like there is some evil little troll who lives inside me driving me to eat. I was just hoping I was not the only one who felt this way.
  • snappyapples
    Options
    I totally understand your frustration here! I'm ok if there's junk food in the house and I don't eat it, but as soon as I do eat any, I eat like ALL of it. I'm trying to teach myself moderation, but it's so hard.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    yeah, I didnt eat 156 calories over my goal I ate 1150 calories over mygoal today...I know it may seem silly or petty to some people but I cannot help but feel like there is some evil little troll who lives inside me driving me to eat. I was just hoping I was not the only one who felt this way.

I definitely know that feeling! But you have to realize you are STRONGER than that little troll. You may not win every time but after the first win it becomes easier. It is true what they say the more you use your willpower the easier it gets! Of course we will have some bad days and not the best days but you have to keep pushing for more good days. You can do it!!
  • bleweydgrl
    Options
    Thanks for the support :flowerforyou: tomorrow will be a better day I am sure, (death to the troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Nckr66
    Nckr66 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    chocolate is my downfall. I am also suffering my first PMT after having my baby, and i'm breastfeeding, and I have always, throughout my life eaten far too much chocolate. I love Easter, because of all the eggs! But even thought ive slipped up a few times this week (2-3 days of 500+ over goal calories) I know I'm still doing ahell of a lot better than I used to. I'm getting better at moderation. I feel your pain, but every day is a new day! :)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    It is so hard. I have to always keep asking myself, "is it worth it", the answer is most always "no" I don't want to start over again tomorrow ever again. There have been too many times I have started over in the past. This is the way it has to be for me. I have found that for me, 1 small piece of chocolate at the end of the day works. I have something to look forward to for staying within my calories for the day.
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've been where you are so many times over the years. You need to just let it go for today. You are right, tomorrow is a new day. As others have said, you need to weigh whether or not it is worth it to you. If it causes you this much stress, then it's not healthy in many ways. Stay strong and refocus. You can do this!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

it's fine- don't worry about exercising it off. I ate something like 2000 over my goal on saturday- still managed for the weekly average to hit under 1500.

Just go about your day- try to hit a slightly larger deficit the rest of the week.

Don't exercise that kind of mistake away- reset tomorrow and hit it hard.
  • bleweydgrl
    Options
    I must admit, that is exactly how I am feeling, like I am failing myself and I am worried that I will give up again. I really want this to be a life change for me and to make good healthy choices for myself and my family now but I am not quite convinced that I can stay committed to healthy living even though I want to....perhaps I should just pretend this day did not happen and not worry so much.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I must admit, that is exactly how I am feeling, like I am failing myself and I am worried that I will give up again. I really want this to be a life change for me and to make good healthy choices for myself and my family now but I am not quite convinced that I can stay committed to healthy living even though I want to....perhaps I should just pretend this day did not happen and not worry so much.

You got half of it right LOL
    don't pretend it didn't happen- address it (meaning log it- if you felt something pushed you to it- figure that out)

and then move on to the next day- and not worry so much ;) you can do it!
  • bleweydgrl
    Options
    Thanks Jo :smile:
  • hirstrl
    hirstrl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I struggle myself with the sweets. chocolate mostly but i do also enjoy the fruity candies. I had a terrible weekend with logging and calories. went WAY over. imagine my shock when i was still down a pound when i weighed myself this week. So for me anyway since I try so hard during the week and almost always stay under my goal it saved my butt ;) I found that if i have some dove or hershey chocolates in the house i know i can have a couple of them and that will take care of my craving.