Advice for Staying on Track

Hello,

I did My Fitness Pal before but never really stuck with it. I am joinging back because I want to be able to feel healthier, stronger and more confident about myself. I was wondering if anyone had any advice to help stay on track and be more motivated? Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• I to have tried fitness pal before and never stuck to it. I have just found out I have thyroid problems and its causing me to gain weight.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    When those days come along that you just don't want to do it any more, you need to have an iron-clad Why. This is the reason you are making changes in your life. For me, it is to set the right example to my wife and son. To be an inspiration to other so that they can look to me and see that it is not only possible, but sustainable. You Why has to be bigger than your biggest excuse.

In addition, having a great support system is a must as well. You need to have people that you can turn to for accountability and encouragement that will tell you to stay on the path.

I help to operate Facebook support groups for this very purpose. I'd be happy to chat with you more about it if that is something you'd be interested in.

Allan
  • Thank you for all of your help. I will try and focus on setting a good example for others, and work hard.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    My advice is that if you blow it and go off track with your eating, don't beat yourself up about it....get right back on track immediately. Don't do what I've done in the past. I blow it. Then I get so upset with myself that I get discouraged and eat more. Then I eat more the next day and the next day until a few weeks have gone by! So my advice is get right back on track and keep an eye on the big picture. If you've eaten healthily for 2 weeks, then blow it, don't focus on how you blew it, focus on "Wow, the majority of the days I did great. I just had a little tiny glitch." An accountability partner might help too.
  • I to have tried fitness pal before and never stuck to it. I have just found out I have thyroid problems and its causing me to gain weight.

I am sorry to hear about your Thyroid problem. I wish you the best of luck with everything!