Looking for more friends who eat low carb!

Options
karilynng
karilynng Posts: 4 Member
I'm 5"3 at 258 lbs. started at 262 so I'm still getting the hang of this, & have had a few slip ups.
Looking for friends who are doing the carb nite solution or eat low carb in general.
& Prefer friends who eat healthy whole foods. Need friends who know a lot of low carb recipes & to help me really get into CNS!

Replies

• TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    What would you consider low carb?
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    What would you consider low carb?
    Well, as she mentioned "Carb Nite Solution" she's talking extremely low-carb. Almost zero with a periodic refeed.

An ultra-low-carb CKD (cyclic ketogenic diet).

karilynng - you may have more success with responses if you post in one of the keto or low-carb groups, just FYI.
  • Kati3Mari3
    Kati3Mari3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eliminate carbs right away. I think it should be a gradual process, or else you will make it very hard on your self. Why not start off saying eat what ever carbs I want during the day, but no carbs after 6pm. Then try something new or add on, like no sliced bread, but wraps and whole grains are ok! Try for little goals first that will build up. For lent I gave up sliced bread, which is one of my favorite things. You just need to find things to supplement it that you LIKE. Don't replace it with something you won't look forward to, bc you are bound to slip up then. Whole wheat wraps are great, as are rice cakes which if you get the simply salted kind are very low in calories, and you can make your self and open faced sandwich, cutting out all the calories you may have gotten with bread. It takes some getting used to, and figuring out what you like and what works for you but its possible! Once you see results, going through the motions is that much easier!
  • l8yboss
    l8yboss Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can add me!!! I'm doing very low carb, have been since jan. 1 and lost about 30 lbs so far......I'm happy to help and encourage!!
  • HannahAliHealth
    HannahAliHealth Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hello,

By ratio we are having the same goal! I'm 5"5 and my start weight was 290 lbs, my current is 278 lbs! This week I started to cut more than half of what i used to eat! I'm doing good and I hope to cut out more carb this coming week! I consume almost 40g carbs now! Where I used to consume at least 180g :D

We can be friends and help each other
    Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Hi I eat low carb, feel free to add me. :smile:

Easing into carb reduction is a good idea, if it is something you are going to struggle with.

Make sure you up your fat when you reduce your carbs.
  • Aggeon
    Aggeon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, good luck with your goals! This is a site with a lot of recipes I found a while back: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

Please be aware that extreme low carb diets for extended periods of time may cause health issues (raises in the cortisol steroid and ketosis) so if you plan on doing any lifting or high intensity exercises (which require energy from carbs) during this diet, consult a doctor first for your safety.
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Presently, I eat between 35-40 net grams of carbohydrate a day and I experiment with new recipes quite often.
  • DehydrationStation
    Options
    I've been at between 5 - 20 grams of carbs a day since last December.

Some of us call it KETO or the Ketogenic Diet. Especially if your caloric ratio is 5% carbs, 35% protein, 60% fat. There's even a MFP group for it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1143-keto

There is a belief among some researchers that ketogenic diets worsen cortisol metabolism (which could lead to metabolic syndrome and heart disease), but an examination of the specific pattern of cortisol metabolism related to metabolic syndrome shows the opposite. (http://www.ketotic.org/2014/02/the-ketogenic-diets-effect-on-cortisol.html)

Would you add me? I'd add me. I'd add me hard.
  • tonyamt2
    tonyamt2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am eating low carb/slow carb.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Would you add me? I'd add me. I'd add me hard.
    ROFLMAO. That's awesome.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eliminate carbs right away. I think it should be a gradual process, or else you will make it very hard on your self. Why not start off saying eat what ever carbs I want during the day, but no carbs after 6pm. Then try something new or add on, like no sliced bread, but wraps and whole grains are ok! Try for little goals first that will build up. For lent I gave up sliced bread, which is one of my favorite things. You just need to find things to supplement it that you LIKE. Don't replace it with something you won't look forward to, bc you are bound to slip up then. Whole wheat wraps are great, as are rice cakes which if you get the simply salted kind are very low in calories, and you can make your self and open faced sandwich, cutting out all the calories you may have gotten with bread. It takes some getting used to, and figuring out what you like and what works for you but its possible! Once you see results, going through the motions is that much easier!

whole grains, wheat wraps and rice cakes are all CARBS. They will raise you blood sugar. I've been low carb for almost 10 years. I simply don't keep these items in my house.
  • newtro925
    Options
    I am eating low carb as well. I try and stay below 30g net. Feel free to add me.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Been keto-ing since July, with a few cheats here and there. Feel free to add and peak at my diary!
  • CheshireCat008
    Options
    I'm a low carber too, feel free to add me
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb, too. You can add me as a friend.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3 at 258 lbs. started at 262 so I'm still getting the hang of this, & have had a few slip ups.
    Looking for friends who are doing the carb nite solution or eat low carb in general.
    & Prefer friends who eat healthy whole foods. Need friends who know a lot of low carb recipes & to help me really get into CNS!

check out the Groups section. There are several low carb groups.
  • msibert38
    msibert38 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started CNS yesterday, so far so good.. can you please add me :smile:
  • muhonu
    muhonu Posts: 11
    Options
    I low carb add me guys :)
  • ahyllim
    ahyllim Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm low-carb as well. Approximately 30g net a day. I have insulin resistance so it was necessary for me to go low carb as I am not interested in having to take medication daily to maintain my insulin. Add me, too :)