Coconut Oil -- For or Against?

Options
Hi everyone - there's a ton of articles about coconut oil. I currently use it every morning for oil pulling (and absolutely love the results). I read more info about how it can help significantly cut down the inches in your abdonimal area.

I wanted to hear feedback from people who have tried ingesting 1-2 TBSP of pure, unrefined, cold pressed, 100% organic, virgin coconut oil.... jeeeeeez that's a mouthful.

Here's the brand I use: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cwRS8vcdV8E/UWc7zBdc-QI/AAAAAAAABCQ/QCsoJRkrxpk/s1600/carringtonfarms+coconut+oil.JPG
Carrington Farms

Replies

• tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I use about a teaspoon when I make my eggs in the morning. I like the taste of it and it is suppose to have healthy fats in it.
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I, for one, LOVE coconut oil!!! It is tasteless and has a very high smoking point. It is perfect for when I want to sear meat or fry something that requires high heat. I use Lou Ana 100% coconut oil.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    It's fat, not magic. But fat is essential and very satiating so by all means eat the coconut oil... but instead of taking it by the spoonful like medicine I definitely recommend you cook with it and make delicious food.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    It's referred to as virgin and not extra virgin. Anyway, i use it for cooking and some baking. I prefer to use a saturated fat for cooking and I also use duck fat, butter, ghee and lard.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Oil pulling...
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    For. So much for.

Tis amazing.
  • editorkim
    editorkim Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    There are studies that show it improves brain function, and it is a healthy fat that will help you feel fuller longer, so I'm FOR~! (I sneak some into my coffee sometimes, but you have to drink it before it cools off and solidifies)
  • RyanG2106
    RyanG2106 Posts: 29
    Options
    A big for....

Great for cooking and i even have a small teaspoon in my coffee twice a day.

Very rich in Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) which can help support your metabolism and helps fat burning.
  • daviese89
    daviese89 Posts: 17
    Options
    Has anyone noticed inches lost from adding it to their diet? I guess, if you're watching everything, it's hard to tell.

I love to melt 1 tbsp and coat chicken in it and bake. It's a delightful flavor. I also put a tiny bit in my AM coffee and PM tea.

LOVE LOVE LOVE oil pulling and I swear by it... especially if anyone has hormonal acne around their mouth/nose.
  • daviese89
    daviese89 Posts: 17
    Options
    Fixed...thanks!
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Has anyone noticed inches lost from adding it to their diet? I guess, if you're watching everything, it's hard to tell.

I love to melt 1 tbsp and coat chicken in it and bake. It's a delightful flavor. I also put a tiny bit in my AM coffee and PM tea.

LOVE LOVE LOVE oil pulling and I swear by it... especially if anyone has hormonal acne around their mouth/nose.

there are no foods that specifically help you lose more or less weight on their own. coconut oil is no exception to that rule.