Rice...Crispies

Options
Are rice crispies ok to eat on a strict diet? or is are they just as bad as eating white bread, rice and potatoes?

I REALLY WANT SOME RICE CRISPIES NAOW!!

Replies

• maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Nope, they're fine! Track it and move on!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Are rice crispies ok to eat on a strict diet? or is are they just as bad as eating white bread, rice and potatoes?

There's nothing wrong with white bread, white rice or potatoes. I eat them all often. I also have cake, cheesecake, pizza, ice cream and rice crispy treats. Calorie deficit creates fat loss. It's important to get protein, fats, fruits and vegetables in. Having treats really isn't a big deal.
  • donniesaurous
    donniesaurous Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Nope, they're fine! Track it and move on!

Yes to this :)

No food is bad for you unless you are eating too much!
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    any food in moderation is fine :)
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    They are delicious. Fit them into your macros/calories and enjoy!
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone !! much appreciated :D
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to avoid refined grains, then they would not fit into your chosen diet. Personally, I'd go ahead and have them as a treat, but they are not a whole grain.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are just as bad as white bread, white rice, and potatoes. Nothing is wrong with any of those things, and the same goes for rice crispy treats. As long as it fits your macros...
  • RyanG2106
    RyanG2106 Posts: 29
    Options

There's nothing wrong with white bread, white rice or potatoes. I eat them all often. I also have cake, cheesecake, pizza, ice cream and rice crispy treats. Calorie deficit creates fat loss. It's important to get protein, fats, fruits and vegetables in. Having treats really isn't a big deal.

I agree, be flexible with your diet, don't make it harder than it has to be or you wont stick to it.

So long as your in a deficit and hit your macro's it don't matter what you eat
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Both, likely.

They are probably closer to white bread than potatoes because, like bread, they are enriched. But carb-wise (which is where I assume you question comes from) they are pretty much the same.

But, depending on why your diet is strict about carbs, it may be ok to eat them. If you are limiting fast-digested carbs for diabetes or orther medical reasons, then you might want to skip it or add some nuts to up the protein and fiber.