Quest Bar - Meal or Snack?

Options
So I've been researching quest bars and everyone here talks about their favorite flavors and the advantages to them, etc... I had my first one yesterday and it was pretty good. I'm having a hard time finding out if these are used more commonly as a meal replacement or as a snack. What do you eat them for?

Replies

• JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Snack for sure.... at less than 200 calories.. I eat one most afternoons..
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I've done both - they're not a bad meal replacement if you're not starved.
  • RyanG2106
    RyanG2106 Posts: 29
    Options
    Don't restrict yourself be flexible.......

So long as your within you calories at the end of the day who cares?????
  • sallychildress
    sallychildress Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    snack meal, since I have 6 of them a day
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Snack for me too. Sometimes I cut them in 1/2 and eat 1/2 at mid morning snack and 1/2 in the evening.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    A meal also has vegetable side dishes and a starch, so it's definitely a snack to me!
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    snack meal, since I have 6 of them a day

+1
  • jelkins2000
    jelkins2000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was thinking they were a little small for a full meal, but I've certainly tried smaller meal replacement bars in the past.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I eat them as contributions to my daily calories. Why does it matter if you call it a meal or snack. If your hungry again soon after then eat something else that fits your day's macros. :P
  • jelkins2000
    jelkins2000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat them as contributions to my daily calories. Why does it matter if you call it a meal or snack. If your hungry again soon after then eat something else that fits your day's macros. :P

Good point!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I've never tried one of these, but everyone on here talks about them. Are they really that good?

I tend to stay away from snack/meal bars.
  • daviese89
    daviese89 Posts: 17
    Options
    I use them as a snack, either pre or post workout. I also like to heat them in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds and eat them like a sweet treat :) Really helps my midnight cravings. So far, the best one heated is the Strawberry Cheesecake. Throw a little free cool whip or low fat whipped cream.... yum! Mouth's watering just thinking about them!

I also bake the chocolate chip cookie bars at 350 for 5 mins on each side. I cut them into bite size pieces and stick them in my car or purse for when I'm on the go. If I feel starved, cranky, or like my sugars are significantly dropping, I'll pop a few bites in. (Ok, I'll eat the whole damn bag...but still).

Hope that helps!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I use them as apart of my breakfast (Quest bar and a greek yogurt) because I can't be bothered with anything else in the mornings. I also have them for snacks or for dessert. Quest is my addiction and I could eat 10 of them a day if I had the funds for it.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    Snack lol. I prefer them broiled and crunchy.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've never tried one of these, but everyone on here talks about them. Are they really that good?

Most flavors are amazing. I'm currently on a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough kick and would honestly pick one over a cup of most ice cream (Ben & Jerry's excluded). They can be expensive though so I try to stick to one a day.
  • TKhamvongsa
    Options

They're not really meal bars.. They're like snacks. High in Protein and fibre. If you have the alloted protein and need fibre - it's perfect!! I can't get over the texture though.. So I bake them until they're crisp. You could also spread peanut butter in the middle and make all kinds of different desserts with them. (they have an instragram and showcase their 20seconds recipe videos)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Don't restrict yourself be flexible.......

So long as your within you calories at the end of the day who cares?????

This. Snacks, meals... same thing.
  • TKhamvongsa
    Options

Most flavors are amazing. I'm currently on a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough kick and would honestly pick one over a cup of most ice cream (Ben & Jerry's excluded). They can be expensive though so I try to stick to one a day.

I just had the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!! I baked them and ate them - I shouldve scooped up some vanilla ice cream and made an ice cream sandwich (would've been amazing)
  • CDogg17
    CDogg17 Posts: 27
    Options
    Mine is usually used as a dessert or evening snack. I either microwave one for 10 seconds or cut one up and bake for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. I also keep some in the car if I'm running errands and don't have time for something substantial. I remember the first time I ate one, I was scared to death of all that fiber at one time! LOL
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I had my first one today also. After reading about them here. Stopped at GNC to try one. It was amazing for a protein bar. Def a snack. I chased it w/ a protein shake. Good combo for after the gym.