HELP!!! I need advice/suggestions/ideas from MFP!

Options
I have 4lbs to lose this week to meet my goal :( Any suggestions on how I can pull this off? HELP!!! My birthday is January 4th, and I wanted to lose 10lbs this month as a bday gift to ME. Help me MFP. Thanking you in advance.

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Lower your sodium, up your water, prohibit alcohol, increase your exercise, and eat super super low cal for the next week!!!! :bigsmile:
  • paperboy
    paperboy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ashlee is absolutely right. Water Water Water Water.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,423 Member
    Options
    I third those suggestions and when I need to drop a few quickly, I will also purge most of the carbs from my diet. I can't sustain that over time, but it helps flatten the stomach and help you lose a few extra lbs. quickly. Good luck!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I don't think meeting an arbitrary goal (10 lbs lost for the month) is worth stressing over the last week. If you only lost 6 lbs so far this month, the chances of you losing 4 this week in a HEALTHY way are pretty low.

I agree that staying away from alcohol and upping your water intake are good ideas, but don't push yourself into crazy calorie deficits to try and meet this goal... Exercise, Eat a healthy amount of calories each day (minimum of 1200 plus some of your exercise calories) - you have to fuel your body properly to really be healthy, watch your soddium and drink lots of water. If you happen to lose 4 lbs that is great, but if not, you should still feel GREAT about yourself knowing that you're eating well and execising and treating your body right.
  • rautaty
    rautaty Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good advice ashlee! yeah, you'll have to make sure u burn at least 300 kcals per day, with exercise and eat very little. All i can tell you is that if you want to burn 1 pound you need to have a deficit of 3500 kcals, so you do the math:) i wish you good luck. Don't forget that if you do exercise regulary, you'll put on weight because your muscle mass will increse, so i advise you go for long walks (3 hours) each day, like that you'll lose just water and fat and you'll not build any muscle. Remember also that eating little can lower your metabolisme and you'll put all the weight back on you, so it's not a longterm solution, 2 pounds would be safer, but if you realy want it, you can do it. Good luck to you:)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,733 Member
    Options
    I have 4lbs to lose this week to meet my goal :( Any suggestions on how I can pull this off? HELP!!! My birthday is January 4th, and I wanted to lose 10lbs this month as a bday gift to ME. Help me MFP. Thanking you in advance.
    Just be consistent with your workouts and eating well, and you'll hit that 10-pound mark before you know it. It'll be a great birthday gift to yourself whether you get there by January 4 or sometime after, and I think it will be a better gift to yourself if you take it off in a way that lets you keep it off. Good luck, and happy birthday!
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice and well wishes!!! I have hit a stage where I am not losing weight like I once did. I have been at this for over a year.....and I can admit that I slacked a little....but I am trying to rededicate myself. I really want to hit my goal so I can get out of this funk annnnnnnnd look great!!!