I'm done with losing weight

Options
I don't care about the number anymore. All I want is to be this time next year I'm signed up and ready for the San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon. I'm going to train hard, eat clean, if I happen to lose more weight so be it. I'm ready to live my life. Lets all put aside the numbers and start to have a goal of being healthy instead of a number. I will not be a number anymore. =) have a nice day.

Replies

• Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fab idea!! Good luck with the half marathon...I can only run 4 miles at the mo so really in awe of those who can run serious distances :)
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I hope I too can be there one day once I get down to where I am comfortable!
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good luck to you!
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fab idea!! Good luck with the half marathon...I can only run 4 miles at the mo so really in awe of those who can run serious distances :)

just a few weeks ago I could only run 4.4 miles I have since made it to 5 miles. tonight I will make it 6. I'll keep adding on distance until I can run 13 miles constantly hope my adrenaline will power me through the last .1miles. lol

don't sell yourself short 4 miles is still great. I'll always be a work in progress. so think that way, no finish line. just keep going. then there is nothing you can't do.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Eric you are always "the man" and you can tell everybody LOL. you rock!
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Good Luck.. I just ran a 10k this past saturday and I plan on doing a half on thanksgiving this year... I still care bout my weight lose but not as much since I started running again..
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Good Luck.. I just ran a 10k this past saturday and I plan on doing a half on thanksgiving this year... I still care bout my weight lose but not as much since I started running again..

great job. Good luck on your half. remember even though it's a half you will rock the whole thing. you are awesome.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I don't care about the number anymore. All I want is to be this time next year I'm signed up and ready for the San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon. I'm going to train hard, eat clean, if I happen to lose more weight so be it. I'm ready to live my life. Lets all put aside the numbers and start to have a goal of being healthy instead of a number. I will not be a number anymore. =) have a nice day.

LIKE!!!
  • Mellyajc
    Mellyajc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Way to go! It's a great attitude to have. Half marathons are my favorite race distance :) Are you following a training plan, or at least following the 10% rule? You're doing great, they can be helpful to ensure you don't get injured before your goal.

SDR&R was my first full marathon :)
  • Kestrel45
    Kestrel45 Posts: 133
    Options
    Good for you! You are totally right though about not being a number and start living life like it's meant to be lived...in health!

Peace and good luck xx