Mudderella?

Options
has anyone done this mud/obstacle race before? it looks interesting but not sure about it. it's untimed :( and no medal :( however it does look a bit challenging. i'm used to doing rugged maniac (april will be my 4th) so i'm sorta comparing it to that.

Replies

• BarbaraB82
    Options
    I've never done it before but it looks like it will be challenging and a lot of fun.
  • Natley
    Natley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i signed up for it too... im so nervous! i didnt know about the "no medal" tho :/
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options
    I signed up for Mudderella this year! Mine's not til September. The experience itself is good enough for me so I'm not worried about medals or anything. :) Really excited!
  • tomorrowstrength
    Options
    I've signed up for the UK event in August, and though there's no medal, you do get a shirt and a sports band ;) it looks fantastic and should motivate me to actually run and step away from the weights for a little while.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    It's a girls only mud run. That's about it.

I'd never do one- because I don't really dig that whole girl power stuff- but if that's your thing do it-I suspect for some people it could be extremely helpful.

But really it's the same as every other mud run out there- savage race- mud run, spartan sprint warrior dash- tough mudder.

If you like those things- or want to give interval training a shot- then go for it.
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've not done that one, but I've done a mud run. It's lots of fun!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    anyone have any feedback on the course and required fitness level? I signed up with a group of friends for one in September, but now half of my gf's are backing out. I still want to do it...even if it's alone. But will I make it? I can run 5k, I am reasonably strong, but not sure at all what I need to be able to do...climb, jump, swim, carry, etc.. Would love to hear from someone who has actually done this fun run.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have not done that specific one but I have done the Lozilu mud run and Shape diva dash (both obstacle races geared towards females). For the most part as long as you can cover the distance the obstacles are not that hard. It will most likely have different versions of the same obstacle, for instance there is usually a wall you have to pull yourself up and over, traditionally it is 8 foot I think, but the races I have been to had the 8 foot wall for the ambitious people, a 6 foot option, or a 4 foot option and you pick which one you want to do. Also if you do not sign up for an early competative wave expect delays on the course. They are more designed just to have fun and most of them accompany a cause/fund raiser than to be really competative events.

ETA: Wear darker colored clothes or stuff you don't mind ruining, depending on they type of mud it might stain your clothes.