What to eat for calories?

Options
Well its been a week and a half and i thought i finally found something i could enjoy for my diet. I been doing Veggie smoothies (Well, blended up California veggie mix, spinach, blueberries and banana no milk or anything just water) and if i have time egg whites, for lunch i found Cafe Steamers which are very good and with a piece of fruit between then and dinner can hold me, and for dinners i been having salads.

Im supposed to be eating 2400 calories a day and i just found out i WANT to eat that, not less, not more. I thought i was doing a great job at not over eating and eating all the junk around me, but like i said i found out i dont want to eat to LITTLE calories and going by some other posts, what MFP gives you for calories you want to eat that amount, no more no less.

I obviously want to stay away from my past with junk food and stuff super bad for you... what else can i do to make up the ~ 900 calories? I feel like im eating enough and im not hungry throughout the day (well i was for the first week but now ive started adjusting to it)

Thoughts?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Eat food you like, hopefully with protein since the other stuff listed looks woefully short.
  • FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    eat nutrients! Healthy foods that will fuel your body and not make you feel fatigue. Protein shakes are great, and you can put a sliced banana in it with some peanut butter-->adds calories up fast, so make sure you're counting, however they are all healthy to your body!
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Food - just eat food. :grumble:
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    Bacon, cheese, nuts, cook with oil, rice, milk, peanut butter, avocado, rib eye steak, fried chicken, loaded potatoes, chocolate!
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Milk instead of water in your smoothie, whole eggs instead of egg whites, peanut butter with your banana, bread and butter with your Cafe Steamers, chunks of cheese with your fruit snack, and a tall glass of chocolate milk.