Advice for Insanity?

Options
2»

Replies

• lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I will be finished with round 1 of insanity on Saturday!! I'm starting round 2 on Monday!
    I'm 5'5 and 145ish lbs and I eat up to 1800 calories a day since the exercises are so intense. In month 1, I ate about 1200 or less and that was too low for me.
  • marie0108
    marie0108 Posts: 19
    Options
    I did it..... Insanity day 1 and I loved it!!! I pretty much managed to keep up but didn't work as hard as those on DVD. The last set of drills were tough. I sweated like mad but feel great now. Just need to not eat my calories back!! I put in aerobics high impact 40 of mfp which gave me 341 calories. Does that sound about right??

it depends on your weight and height :) I found a calculator here (http://insanitycalories.com/) and just tried it with my own stats and it's about the same amount of cals burnt my HRM gives me, so I assume it's pretty accurate. but you'll never know for sure how high or low your burn is if you don't have a device to track your heart rate.

and YAY for finishing day 1! :D
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wear good shoes when you do it. I started out doing it bare foot and injured my foot. 3 months later and I still have issues on occassion with it swelling and hurting!
  • lottiew78
    lottiew78 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks I just checked the insanity calorie website, it said 321 calories, so not too far out and I put in mid intensity, even though I did go harder for some sections. I'd rather under estimate my calories burned than over estimate.
  • marie0108
    marie0108 Posts: 19
    Options
    Wear good shoes when you do it. I started out doing it bare foot and injured my foot. 3 months later and I still have issues on occassion with it swelling and hurting!

that is so important! I was wearing my Nike Frees the first day and they just didn't give me enough support. my soles were hurting so much that I changed into my running shoes mid workout for more support :) hadn't expected so much jumping!
  • LarDoucheLar
    LarDoucheLar Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with not doing it on a full stomach as i puked the first two days! I'm now on day 14 and finding my endurance has gotta alot better.. not had any noticeable differences as of yet but apparently month 2 is when you see major changes.

Good luck and feel free to add me :)
  • ccjt_o
    ccjt_o Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I completed insanity early this year ,it will be tough to begin with but once you complete insanity do not stop because it's much difficult to start a second time round! Personally,the main difference I noticed was that my cardiovascular endurance improved as well as my muscular endurance.My body ,especially my calf muscles became more defined.I'm thinking of starting insanity again,later on today (minus the fit tests) .
    Note:I was eating cleaning to my Insanity journey but this time round I'm going to track my calories (especially my macros) and follow a calorie deficit.
    Let me know how you guys get on ! :)
    Good luck and DIG DEEPER !
  • junebugskinny
    junebugskinny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on week three - second time around but never finished month 2 last time. My struggle with the calorie thing is that we eat WAY more on weekends than weekdays and I have to restrict more on weekdays to make up for it. Trying to find ways to cut back on weekends where there can be more consistency and can spread the calories thought the week!

So, all of that was to say, I can tell a change in my performance when not eating enough calories to fuel it and I get grumpy too (which I am not a grumpy type person!) I guess it's baby steps, trial-error and one-day-at a time! Lol!

(Oh! And ditto to the good shoes! And also, remember to land on bent knees!)