Weight Loss Tips/Toning?

Options
Hi Everyone!

I'm trying to tone up before summer is here (Which might be awhile in Michigan...grrr) I'm at 1300 calories (5'2) going a bit over and under depending on the day. Not by much, usually no more than 100 but I'm in college so I'm not going to deprive myself of going out with friends.
Here is my current workout plan.
Monday - 30-40 mins of HIIT (Full Body)
Tuesday - 30-60 mins of cycling and lower body
Wednesday - 30-60 mins of cycling and upper body
Thursday - 30-40 mins of HIIT
Friday - 30 mins of cycling
Saturday - OFF
Sunday - CHOICE DAY (Yoga, cycling, HIIT..just depends on the how the weekend went!)

Tips?! I'm not seeing results!

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Toning is a state where you have muscle and have low enough body fat to see it.

It's very hard for women to get more muscle than what is typically described as 'toned', due to low testosterone levels.

In a calorie deficit, you're unlikely to put on an extra muscle.

Using muscles to lift heavy stuff along with appropriate protein levels is the best way to maintain the muscle you have.

Are you losing weight?
  • Kanch77
    Kanch77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking - make sure you are drinking at least another liter on your workout days, and maybe cut back on alcohol when you go out with friends - hope that helps!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    1300 net calories, or gross?
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You should look up Blogilates if you've never heard of it. She's fun and her Victoria's Secret Stilletto Leg Workout is already making my legs look better because it adds a bit of strength and resistance to an already good workout. It's a lot of fun too.

Body weight exercises will make a huge difference too. You can find plenty of stuff online for that. I wish you luck!
  • brownkel36
    brownkel36 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not losing weight, although I'd like to be. I was a gymnast/cheerleader for 8+ years so my body is fairly athletic. My legs are pretty muscular as well as shoulders and I can just barely see my (once defined) abdominal muscles coming back.
  • brownkel36
    Options
    Net
  • brownkel36
    Options
    I feel like I am constantly guzzling water! Although, keeping better track of it is my downfall. I've cut back on alcohol, only indulging in one or two light beers every now and then. No other caloric intake via drinks though.