Butt Sweat

Options
How does one effectively deal with butt sweat? I go to the gym and do 45-60 on the treadmill or do C25k at the track and have sweat pouring off to the point that I look like I've peed myself. Sweat running down my back in such quantity to not only soak my tank and T-shirt, but also to form a wide wet spot all down my asscrack. It is really quite embarrassing, but I'm not going to dial down my intensity to avoid looking like a hot mess...I'm there to transform my body not look cute, but aside from wearing a shirt tied around my waist to hide my backside I haven't found another solution.

Are there underwear or pants/shorts that prevent this from happening? Or that conceal that particular effect of working out? I usually wear cotton pants and have tried underwear made of cotton, polyester, nylon, modal...nothing seems to make a difference. Thanks for the advice.

Replies

• aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Wear black?
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    just accept that you are awesome at the gym and had a great work out. who cares what you look like you rock.
  • charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Black hides it. Also, just think about all of the toxins you are sweating out.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Wear black and/or deal with it. I see plenty of people at the gym who look like they pissed themselves.. it's a common thing that happens to people at the gym. Just change before you leave the gym where others may not be so understanding ;)
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    I sweat a lot while at the gym and you will NEVER see me wearing grey. Always wear black workout pants, and true workout wear material..not that cotton blend stuff you can find in the stores. I wear a tight workout tank over my sports bra and then a tshirt on top of that. The tank tends to absorb a lot of the sweat from my upper body and the tshirt will wick up the rest. I know my bottom is sweating because if I sit on a bench I see the sweat marks (but I ALWAYS wipe down after i use it) but you can't see the sweat on my pants. Find the right material and you will be good to go.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Another one for wearing black shorts. I do black compression shorts under a loose fitting pair of black shorts. The undies and compression shorts are soaked and I tend to leave butt sweat marks on the mats or equipment, but I don't look like I wet myself. And yes, I do wipe the equipment down when I'm done.
  • fauxpunker
    fauxpunker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've used this when I used to do a lot of maintenance in hot environments. Kept my legs from rubbing raw http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Monkey-Butt-Powder-Calamine/dp/B0030ITTJ2/ref=sr_1_7?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1397695384&sr=1-7.

Didn't pay anything close that price, though...
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Don't wear anything cotton next to your body ( So you will need to read labels.) It may not stop it but it should help.

But be proud of the sweat. Wear it like a badge of honor!!!
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Black is all you can do. I am the sweatiest person around!! People have tried to tell me that they are sweaty and then they see me at the gym, playing a sport or in a fitness class and can not believe what comes out of me!! I look like I have just jumped in a pool...my hair is completely soaked, I have pit stains that go down half my body, back, butt, everything! Ha Ha. This actually prevented me from being active for awhile and this was why I became a swimmer in my youth (can hide the sweating in the water). I have given up now and accepted it. Black hides A LOT.. I wear black work out pants and almost always a black tank top and headband to keep it out of my eyes. It is embarrassing I know but you are not the only one!!
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've used this when I used to do a lot of maintenance in hot environments. Kept my legs from rubbing raw http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Monkey-Butt-Powder-Calamine/dp/B0030ITTJ2/ref=sr_1_7?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1397695384&sr=1-7.

Thanks for the link to this...I get rashes sometimes on my inner thighs in the summer with dresses etc and not all powders will do the trick. I am in Canada and hope I can find some around here to try.
  • fauxpunker
    fauxpunker Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Thanks for the link to this...I get rashes sometimes on my inner thighs in the summer with dresses etc and not all powders will do the trick. I am in Canada and hope I can find some around here to try.

Definitely helped with that :-) It's not the most discreetly named product, but it served it's purpose.
  • desireecl
    desireecl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your tips. Most of my pants are dark colored, black, charcoal, chocolate, etc, but I'll look into buying some that aren't cotton and see if that helps. It seems like so many of the girls at my gym barely break a sweat and I'm there red-faced and drenched...my hair soaking wet like Dogwalkingirl mentioned. I may have to try the monkey butt powder, too...I always have to powder (shower to shower or johnson's baby) my cleavage before strapping into a sports bra b/c my boobs get so irritated from the sweat, movement, rubbing on fabric and being compressed.
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    When I see someone sweating like a hog at the gym, I always feel like they must be working out like a beast! That sweat makes you look intense, not silly :)
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Wear black?

ditto!!! dark colors hide stuff. sweat away girl, SWEAT IS FAT CRYING:drinker:

also: make sure you have the type of exercise pants/tops that are designed to keep the sweat away like nike, danskin, etc
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Buy actual workout pants in black. Target and old navy have pretty affordable ones. I always wear moisture wicking material and that helps more than anything.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I always wear black. I end up drenched usually, with hair stuck to my neck and face, and drips everywhere I go, lol.
    Not much to be done as I start dripping 15 minutes in.
  • munky_do
    munky_do Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I also come out beet red, hair soaked and dripping sweat, no matter how fit I've been. My father used to say it was because our family had a "good basal metabolism".. whatever that really means... lol
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Tractor Supply and any tack store carry Anti Monkey Butt Powder. I use it all the time when riding. I don't know how well it will work, it's more for chafing but it should not irritate anything down there. There's actually one with chamomile and one without.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    No, there is nothing you can do to prevent it other than dial back your workouts, which is just silly. You can, however, stop wearing cotton. All of my workout gear is synthetic.