Wedding in 5 months!! HELP

Options
I ordered my dress and it doesn't fit me... it's 1/2 size too small... My goal is to lose 10-15 pounds and tone my arms and abs...(get rid of muffin top OFC). I've been trying Shakeology sample packets and I love them.. Im thinking of buying a month worth of shakeology but.... would it help me to lose weight?? I am starting to hit my gym (9Round).. However, I have bad back and I can;t do much intense exercise that could injury me even thought I Love intense exercise.. ( I hate running)... what's your opinion? Ive thought of switching from 9Round to hot yoga.. or pilate but Im not flexible and would yoga or pilate help me to get tone and lose weight? Or join Beach Body and order challenge pack that includes T25 DVDs ect. ect. and shakeology... I am desperate to lose 10-15 pounds and get back in my high school shape and ofc fit in my wedding dress!!!! Help me please?? Tips, advices, or suggestions??

Here's some websites to shakeoloy and 9round and beach body.
www.shakeology.com
www.9round.com
www.beachbody.com

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit for weight loss.
    Exercise for fitness.

Your focus should be on eating the right number of cals. Exercise is awesome too, of course, and I'm a big fan of doing some form of weights/strength/resistance training to see the best changes in my own body.

I'm not a big fan of shakes or diet programs - better to do something sustainable that you can stick with for life. But in your case, I understand you're wanting to fit into that dress. I do think you could do it without the shakes though.

I'd set your weight loss goal here at MFP to 1/2 pound a week - you may lose more some weeks, you may lose less, but you'll lose - eat your cals, doing your best to hit your macros (carbs/fat/protein), and drink plenty of water. And find a good program either a gym or with a DVD or online videos (Fitness Blender is awesome) in the weights/strength/resistance category.

Take measurements right now, so you can compare as you go - keep in the mind that the scale can be a dirty little liar and mess with your head, often showing you have gained a pound or two while the inches are coming off - and it's inches lost that are important! :smile:

You've got 5 moths - plenty of time to lose the fat, retain the awesome muscle and rock that dress on your wedding day!
  • sunshine1082
    sunshine1082 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your calories? Shakeology is just a (really expensive) nutritional shake. It will not make you lose weight. You need to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight, which you can do by tracking your calorie intake.

Since it sounds like your goal is really to lose body fat, you should eat at a slight calorie deficit and do some kind of resistance training. Focus more on your body fat % than on a scale number.

Also, keep in mind that in high school, our bodies are still developing. You may never again have the exact same body you had in high school.

And congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    You have 5 months, 15 lbs is definitely possible :) Personally though I would say to stop the shakeology. I disagree with these types of plans because eating at a deficit will do the same (and cost less). The problem with meal replacement shakes is that you don't learn long lasting habits. Once you stop those shakes, many people gain the weight back.

Since your goal is probably to fit in your dress, you should aim to lose inches by focusing on strength training exercises :)
  • misslovely97
    misslovely97 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    All of that sounds great

I mean.. you'd be surprised how many pounds, you'd shed just by watching what you eat and not overeating :)
    Btw, no one said you had to lose weight to fit your dress
    Exercising and getting in shape will make you more fit and you might fit into your dress w/out losing 10-15 pounds !! :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    In five months you could easily fit into your dress WITHOUT the need for any of those expensive weight loss aids. Just follow MFP guidelines and you'll be fine. Plus, if you do the work yourself you'll be able to keep the weight off, rather than just gaining it back when you stop using the products...Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessie,
    I just had a birthday and was able to buy a pair of jeans that is the same size I wore in high school! I was so excited! You can definitely lose weight by counting calories, and exercising. I did. I have lost over 60 pounds and my muffin top is all but gone! Getting encouragement along the way always helps too! -Kim
  • tanyoshka
    tanyoshka Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with Shakeology, but my friend did one of those programs that gives you all the food and tells you what and when to eat it (Nutrisystem, I think), and it seemed to work well. It's definitely worth a shot.

I know you may not want to hear this, but I would have a plan B, just in case. I did something similar before my own wedding, and for some reason it can be sooo much harder to lose the extra pounds when you "have" to rather than when you have the time to do it in a more sustainable way. Bridal showers, bachelorette parties, rehearsals, arguing with the caterer, mother-in-law, out of town guests, the list goes on. Just think of all the stress and food that will accompany some of these things! I am in no way saying that you shouldn't try and couldn't do it, but this is a time you want to be able to enjoy. I wouldn't wish that added stress on anyone.
  • sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I lost 13lbs (to reach my goal) in 4 months doing yoga, jogging and 30 Day Shred. I just ate normal food (albeit healthy) like rice, broccoli, chicken, fruit. I would just schedule a workout regime that you can actually stick to, plan your diet around he special events like the above poster mentioned, and stay dedicated. You'll be fine!
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I agree with these ladies who've said follow MFP & exercise. Buy a digital food scale and weigh everything. That'll cost a lot less than Shakeology or T25 and probably help you a lot more.

Your profile says you have thyroid issues, perhaps you should ask your Doctor for some guidance?
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    5 months... that's 21 weeks, should be easy to lose 21 pounds without a sweat.

Start here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what your goals are. Does your goal include returning to your current size and fitness level right after your wedding?
  • jessie1542
    Options
    well no, i'd like to look healthy and feel healthy..
  • jessie1542
    Options
    What is MFP??
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    MFP is what you are on now... My Fitness Pal

You can easily lose 10-15 lbs in 5 months, without exercise. Just track your calories. Eat below your TDEE, and you gold.

Like a previous poster said, you dont use exercise for weight loss, you use it for fitness.

Good Luck!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Help me please?? Tips, advices, or suggestions??

Just dont get married. Simples. Marriage and weddings are overrated anyway....
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have my one wedding on October 5th, so I would love to team up with you.
    Add me :)

Kisses,
    Tatyanne
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hate to sound like a broken record but doing weird craze diets isn't the best way to lose weight for a wedding. To each their own, but this website has tools that are 1. free, 2. easy, 3. get results. Just do the myfitness pal recommendations for your calorie intake...here are some things I wish someone told me right off the bat when I started:

-Put 0.5 or 1 lb loss per week into MFP. Anymore loss than that, and most people get bumped down to 1,200 calorie diet and that's miserable. Plus, you have PLENTY of time to lose the desired amount of weight so there is no rush.

-Weigh everything. Seriously, get a kitchen scale (decent ones go for around $25) and use it for all the solid food you eat.

-Make snacks! (pre-packing your snacks makes staying away from vending machines easier. Saves money too!)

-Make your own food! (Going out to eat is nice, but you would probably be shocked by the nutritional information of most restaurants for even a salad.)

-Do cardio. (If you hate running, use an elliptical/row machine/ zumba..heck even walking fast works! Anything to get the heart rate up!)

-LOG EVERYTHING. (at first it's a big reality check to seeing how much you consume each day. It's best to be honest with your intake. Soda, teas, coffee creamer, sugar packets, bite size candy bars...it adds up!)
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 17 lbs in 3 months... but then again I was starting at 150, not 114 like you. If I were you, I would just quit putting all of those fake chemicals in your body and eat real food- spinach, berries, chicken breast, bananas, seeds, etc. I'm sure it's probably less expensive! And drink plenty of water, too.

My success so far has been keeping pretty strictly around 1400 cal/day, eating (relatively) clean, never skipping breakfast, and exercising around 4x/week. I weigh myself daily, but it's mostly to collect data, not to react to anything. Hoping to lose the remaining 13 lbs before my wedding (exactly 8 months from today!). I know that's attainable :-)
  • carriedoyle88
    Options
    My problem is I'm doing the calorie controlled diet and exercising and still not losing any weight I've even cut my calories down twice and still no change its really frustrating. I set myself a goal the start of this year to lost 1lb a month which should be easy and I have lost nothing and I'm running and doing martial arts 3 times a week :-(

My wedding is November but my dress fitting is June
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    What is MFP??

Oy