Anyone here from NC ?

Options
Hi, all: I will be moving to NC sometime this year and was wondering if anyone else on here is from NC. Feel free to add me. I am 25 and I am hoping to get into hiking when I move here

Replies

• hazenson
    hazenson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yep, wife and I live in Durham, whatever part you settle in you will probably find great places to hike. We used to live in Hillsborough and theres a couple of small mountains (or so their called) that we used to like to hike around. But if your doing it in the summer make sure to take water, hehe we got lost once and I didnt think our poor Golden Retriever was gonna make it. Thank goodness we had water with us. Good Luck and welcome to N.C. your gonna love it here!
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Down in WIlmywood here on the coast, Coast Living in the Cape Fear, WIlmington,NC

We have 5-6 parks right here with walking trails, the beach, and many many other options for exploring!
  • kdmbennett
    kdmbennett Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Jacksonville area of NC
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    I was stationed in Jacksonville for years. It's a beautiful state and if you're a beach person, you're in luck!
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    lived my whole life in Hendersonville, NC....worked at the police department for 30 years..... retired in 2004 and moved to Florida.....

Hendersonville was a cool place...
  • ladyzerosix
    ladyzerosix Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in Raleigh near Umstead Park, love love love to walk there!
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    An hour from Fayetteville. Nc is awesome
  • heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Stanly County here and more specifically New London/ Albemarle area.
    Many places to run and swim in my area.
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Chapel hill here! I love living here
  • redboots1974
    redboots1974 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sandhills of NC. Feel free to add. We have the mountains and the beach all within a days drive depending on where you live. Awesome state and awesome people! Feel free to add!
  • jwillard77
    jwillard77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am from rockingham county feel free to add me. I need all the friends and motivation I can get.
  • lgtalbott7
    Options
    I live in the piedmont region of NC..love it! perfect being in the middle of the state, mountains to the west and beach to the east!
  • rugged1529
    rugged1529 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    charlotte in the house!
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm in Raleigh, NC
  • jgross1789
    jgross1789 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wilmington aka Port City! I moved not to long ago to GA but lived there for years. There is so much to do there. I used to walk the beach all the time. I miss it!
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am moving there soon too...hope they have lots of trails...feel free to add me.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I live in Charlotte. Attended school in the Asheville area and have lived in several counties bordering Charlotte (Lincoln, Gaston, Stanly, Cabarrus) as well as the no-mans-land between Wilmington and Fayetteville for 6 years as a kid (not hating on Bladen County :flowerforyou: it's just VERY rural and hot as Hades out there). NC is great! Beautiful beaches and mountains, lots of outdoor things to do, and several decent-sized cities, if that's more your thing. Welcome!
  • jennycjenny
    jennycjenny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Durham, NC here! Tobacco trail is great for walking/jogging/biking :)
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Also in the Piedmont, love it here!
  • MaggieMay419
    MaggieMay419 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Eastern NC girl here! Fee free to add me!:smile: