Trouble feeling full?

Options
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone else on here is having trouble feeling full? I have been eating a lot of fruits and veggies and I just can't seem to become full with that. my goal is to eat between 1400-1600 calories but lately it's been really hard. I wonder if I am missing out on something other I should be eating. All suggestions welcome. Thank you

Replies

• Erinelda
    Erinelda Posts: 96
    Options
    I do have trouble feeling full. I learned not to need to feel full as often but when I need to feel full I just eat 500g of potatoes.
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have trouble feeling full on that too. I try to add protein in to each meal lately. That seems to do the trick for me. If I eat an apple I out peanut butter on it. I just had veggies for lunch with a cup of Greek yogurt. Yoplait has an 80 calorie yogurt so it's not many calories.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Reset your protein goal to 100 grams per day and then try to meet or exceed your goal. Protein is slow release energy source, while sugar is a fast release energy source. Another tip I recommend is to add whole seeds to your diet. Whole seeds are complex so they take longer for body to break down, making you feel full longer. Food timing has also helped me. I try to eat my calories when I am active, so I eat most or all of my calories during the time I am active, fewer when I am not. This means I eat most of my calories for breakfast and lunch, then a light or no dinner.
  • JohnM1987
    JohnM1987 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey there, it really depends on what fruits and veggies you are eating. Some are fast acting carbs (simple carbs) which burn off very quickly and should only be consumed during the morning to around 3pm.
    Here is a quick list I follow when eating fruits and veggies. (I am trying to cut weight/body fat currently)

Slow acting Fruits;
    Blueberries, Apples, Avocados, Apricots, Strawberries, Prunes, Grapefruit.

Slow acting Veggies;
    Green leafy vegetables like spinach, cauliflower, cabbage and broccoli.

Some other great foods that fill you up without a lot of calories;
    Brown rice, oats/oatmeal, sweet potato, black beans, Lentils, Soybean and legumes
  • Chunkygirl42
    Chunkygirl42 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Foods rich in protein will leave you satisfied and will keep you satisfied longer.Sweet potatoes, the better alternative to white potatoes are low in protein but are actually really good for fighting off insatiable hunger.Pairing sweet potatoes with protein rich foods will give you a boost. Invest in greek yogurt, eggs and tuna.Baked and roasted chicken, salmon and tilapia really keep you fueled full and satisfied.
  • JohnM1987
    JohnM1987 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Also meat like chicken and turkey are very low in calories and quite fulling and eggs/egg whites.
  • PinkPanther318
    PinkPanther318 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the ideas everyone.
  • sleepawaycamp
    Options
    Your goal in eating shouldn't be to feel full in the first place. Eat until you are no longer hungry and then STOP even if you have food left over
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Increase protein and fiber, eat slower, drink water.
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Bump to use ideas later
  • asianrunner
    asianrunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Some foods never make me feel full, especially broth based soups and smoothies. I get hungry an hour later!

Anyway, I've been eating half a cup of plain yogurt combined with a cup of mixed frozen (thawed) berries and that tends to be a good end to my lunch. Always full for a few hours after that!

Otherwise, I echo the others. Combine fats or protein with a carb.
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Are there any specific meals you feel less full after?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Hi

I was just wondering if anyone else on here is having trouble feeling full? I have been eating a lot of fruits and veggies and I just can't seem to become full with that. my goal is to eat between 1400-1600 calories but lately it's been really hard. I wonder if I am missing out on something other I should be eating. All suggestions welcome. Thank you

Fruits and veg are mostly carbohydrates which are a bit notorious for not being particularly satiating. Carbs are a vital part of your diet as they are your bodies primary energy source for the most part but if your diet consists mostly of carbs you will have trouble with feeling full (in my experience). Try adding more protein to your diet, protein calorie for calorie is the most satiating of the macronutrients (again in my experience). Add some chicken breast or tuna or if you are a vegetarian some nuts, beans and lentils to your diet.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Your goal in eating shouldn't be to feel full in the first place. Eat until you are no longer hungry and then STOP even if you have food left over

No, bad move. A lot of times your body won't "feel" hungry even when it still requires food. Eat until you hit your calorie goal for the day, then stop...hunger doesn't enter into it. Often dieting if I am eating pretty clean with high protein I have to struggle to eat enough and I definately do not stop eating just because I am no longer hungry or I would be eating far under my caloric need.
  • hasta_la_vista_belly
    Options
    Nope.

Thank you Keto.
  • PinkPanther318
    PinkPanther318 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You totally missed my point. I want to eat till I am not hungry anymore because I am not trying to starve myself!!