Goal: Be a healthy mom

Options
I love this web site! It helps on so many levels! It makes me take for accountability. Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• roxannehill
    Options
    This web site is wonderful! Thanks a bunch!:flowerforyou:
  • cgonz2sh
    Options
    I agree! I am so ready to start a new healthy lifestyle. I am tired of being tired. Let's do this!!!! What is everyones healthy goal weight?
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Being a healthy mom is a great goal! It's one of mine for sure, i don't want my girls to grow up worrying about their weight. Teenage girls have enough crap to worry about without adding being fat to it. Great job starting the process!!

My goal weight is 165 for now. I will re-*kitten* at that time, but it's been since Junior year in high school that I've been that light. I think just getting out of the 200s will be huge for me!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
    Yes you will love it
    and the support and
    motivation are great. :flowerforyou:
  • cgonz2sh
    Options
    Ashley, that is my goal weight too!!!! Sweet! I now have more motivation with you. I currently weigh 196 :/ Ugh... I know. I can do this, and so can you. Good luck to you. What are you currently doing to lose wight?
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Ashley, that is my goal weight too!!!! Sweet! I now have more motivation with you. I currently weigh 196 :/ Ugh... I know. I can do this, and so can you. Good luck to you. What are you currently doing to lose wight?

I have changed my diet completely. Much less processed and take out foods, much more veggies and good proteins. I am also trying to be organic, nonfat, and low sugar as much as possible. I have looked into low glycemic index foods and am trying to follow that because I am hypoglycemic.

I've also started working out. I like to be lazy and read and lounge, so getting up at 5am to do something is huge for me. I aim for 40 minutes a day on the weekdays and then something - even shopping - on the weekends.
  • cgonz2sh
    Options
    Sounds like you got it all figured out. Good for you! good luck. Keep me posted :smile