24 pounds down, ready to maintain!

Options
kk_140
kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
2cmoro3.png

This is me when I started in January! 163 pounds, and unhappy about it.

10ym7mq.png

This is me now, moving into maintenance at 139 pounds! 24 pounds down and so happy with the way that I look! I may try to get down to 130 in the future, but for now, this is perfect. :)

Beginning measurements:
Bust: 39"
Waist: 30"
Hips: 39"

Today's measurements:
Bust: 35"
Waist: 27"
Hips: 35"

Finally time to post my success story!

Replies

• tralala99
    tralala99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great! I've gone from almost the same starting weight to the same current weight as you, but don't look nearly as good. Mind sharing how tall you are? And maybe how you did it?
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!!
  • kk_140
    Options
    Awesome! You look great! I've gone from almost the same starting weight to the same current weight as you, but don't look nearly as good. Mind sharing how tall you are? And maybe how you did it?

I am 5'4" and did it entirely with the calories in-calories out mantra.

I ate 1,100-1,300 calories a day 6 days of the week with one day of eating maintenance calories on Saturday. I worked out 40 minutes twice a week, walking 4 mph on a treadmill. I never ate back those calories because it honestly wasn't enough burned to worry much about, I thought. That's it. That is my secret to my success. :)

Oh, and no alcohol and no caffeinated soda. They both made me retain water, which made me feel less motivated!
  • lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look amazing!
  • BiggMikeSurf
    BiggMikeSurf Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow, such a big difference. Congrats.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    And your face trim up. Pretty and good luck with maintenance!
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Looking great!! Keep up the good work!!
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I would slowly bring the calories up to maintence... Otherwise Great job on your progress.
  • kk_140
    Options
    I would slowly bring the calories up to maintence... Otherwise Great job on your progress.

That is exactly what I'm doing. Raising it 100 a week until i stop losing weight lol. So far I'm losing more weight each week in maintenance than I did while on severely restricted diet. Which is a lot of fun. Something to be said about eating more than 1,200 I suppose.
  • kk_140
    Options
    And your face trim up. Pretty and good luck with maintenance!

I know! I didn't even notice the loss on my face until I took my after picture!
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story!
  • kk_140
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story!

Thank you!
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    very well!
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Nice job! This is awesome to look forward to, I have the same goal and I'm 2" shorter. Though I must give you a pat on the back I enjoy my 2 nights our far to much to abstain from the booze. Kudos to you :drinker:
  • kk_140
    Options
    Nice job! This is awesome to look forward to, I have the same goal and I'm 2" shorter. Though I must give you a pat on the back I enjoy my 2 nights our far to much to abstain from the booze. Kudos to you :drinker:

I would retain 2 or 3 pounds every time I drank! Became not worth it for me pretty quickly!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!