What's the optimal ratio of carbs, protein, and fat...?

Options
2»

Replies

• missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    depends on what kind of workouts you are doing also.

when i do heavy heavy workouts, i usually eat higher carbs.

but normally i do a 45 carbs, 35, protein, 20 fat.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Im also tracking my fibre to make sure i get enough and Im usually quite over! Is there such a thing as too much daily fibre, as long as you're not crappin yourself? LOL!
  • Minkime
    Minkime Posts: 41
    Options
    bump
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump! lots of useful information and food for thought!
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I eat 45% carb, 30% fat, mostly monounsaturated & polyunsaturated, and 25% protein.But that being said, I think it depends on your activity level, your height, age and other factors. I was given these numbers by my dietician/nutritionist when I started trying to lose weight. These were my personal guidelines.
  • mattstrand
    Options
    I have my goals set at 40 protein 30 fat and carbs. Space out your protein its senseless to eat more 30 carbs at one sitting your body can't absorb that much. Don't pay to much attention to fats and carbs unless you eat unhealthy. I used to weigh 325 by down to 252 in about a years time and I'm alot stronger then I used to be
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I set the ratios to 40/30/30 (carbs/protein/fat). My target body weight is 180, so my minimum daily protein intake is 180g (30g-40g per meal). I try to keep my fats at about 100g. The rest is carbs, but I try to keep my simple sugars at 30% of total carbs.
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    There is no "optimal". it's all opinion. Who's opinion do you want? you have all of the internet.... :)
    Seriously, there are as many opinions about this as there about politics and religion. Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • mattstrand
    Options
    It does matter on your life style alot. Males should have more protein. if you do alot of cardio you need more carbs to fuel your workout. fats help your body make testosterone. Google carbs fats and protein and you will see what they all do and help you understand it alot better
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What is up with the thread necromancy recently?
  • girlpaint
    girlpaint Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals. In my experience, I find that when I lower my carb intake to anything below 20% it skyrockets my weight-loss. Of course I do exercise quite a bit these days. I was recently on a plateau and I cut carbs down to 10% and immediately started losing weight again.

I know it's been awhile since you posted this, so apologies for my "late" question. If I take my carbs to 20% and my protein to 45-50%, that means 30-35% is fat. Is this a safe ratio? Will I lose weight doing this? It seems so backwards.