need some advice or something

Options
Ok so, I have been at this weight loss thing for quite some time but the past few weeks I have actually gone into it with a different state of mind,however I am losing my motivation. I completely changed my whole diet from take out for every meal (horrible and costly I know) to eating as clean as I possibly can for being a picky eater (I am trying new things though). Also I go to the gym 3-5 times a week and do mostly cardio. I am a mother of 3 who works full time and is going to college full time so I go to the gym as much as I can at the moment. Now heres the thing even with this whole change , my body hasn't changed, no weight loss no inches lost. I have noticed my body is getting stronger and I can run a little longer than I could before. I know sometimes it takes a while but I am getting frustrated. I don't want to give up I refuse to! So can someone please give me some advice on what I may be doing wrong or exercise routines I can do . Anything would be appreciated at this point! I need my motivation back!
Signed, a severely obese desperate mother.

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    You need to be completely conscious of what you are eating and how many calories you are taking in. If your calories are too high, you're just not going to see the success you want to see. Clean "healthy" eating means nothing if you eat a lot of it.
  • mamadukes23
    mamadukes23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I understand that, I am almost always under my calorie goal. Thank you for posting.
  • BlackStarRanch
    Options
    Exactly. Completely conscious of everything you put into your mouth and the calories involved. With me it's a maximum of 1800 calories per day, no ifs, ands, or buts. I don't eat out anywhere if I can't afford the cals. Good luck.
  • mamadukes23
    Options
    Exactly. Completely conscious of everything you put into your mouth and the calories involved. With me it's a maximum of 1800 calories per day, no ifs, ands, or buts. I don't eat out anywhere if I can't afford the cals. Good luck.

Thank you
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You need to be completely conscious of what you are eating and how many calories you are taking in. If your calories are too high, you're just not going to see the success you want to see. Clean "healthy" eating means nothing if you eat a lot of it.

This.

It's all about the calories. "Clean" eating can be beneficial in helping you meet your micro-nutrient targets and may keep you fuller longer, but it is not a weight loss guarantee. I'm certainly no clean eater, but I do log my calories accurately and consistently every single day. Have you been weighing/measuring your food and tracking your intake?

Edited now that I've seen the other responses: would you be willing to open your diary?
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others said. Log your food, every morsel and be honest even when you go over and then open your diary so folks can make suggestions. Exercise is great but it's also true that calories are the most important factor. I've lost 118 pounds with very little activity due to disability. You can do this and it seems to me you're well on your way, but MFP can only help if you log everything.
  • Sheila4711
    Options
    Looking at the nutritional value of the food you are Eating might also help. Also if you are doing the same thing at the gym all the time your body may have built the muscle it can in those areas. Shaking of up a bit is huge. I am doing P90x3 and . I LOVE . IT. THEY ARE . ONLY 30 min workouts (sorry for the caps my kindle has a kind of its own tonight). But I understand you are crazy buddy. I am also a mother of 3 and it can be crazy. Just know that you are doing it. Keep at it and you will see the changes. One thing that might help is take your measurements. Sometimes the scale goes up and you have been Working your bum off. I have noticed that my measurements help me to not get too discouraged even if the scale is going up. Keep it up. You will rock this. You will.
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. You can do this! Sometimes it takes a while to figure out what works for you. If you want to send me a FR, I'll be happy to look at your diary and give you some feedback. I'm no expert, but sticking to it.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I am motivated visually. I learn by seeing better than any other method etc... Go to the "success story" threads and look at them for at least 5 minutes a day. They are very picture heavy. You can find those 5 minutes using the bathroom with your phone as it is not very long. This will train your brain to focus on your goal. Good luck!
  • mamadukes23
    Options
    Thank you alli truly appreciate it , I will open my diary to the public. I am very honest with my diary as lying is not going to get me anywhere. I do measure however I haven't gotten to get a food scale yet.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Thank you alli truly appreciate it , I will open my diary to the public. I am very honest with my diary as lying is not going to get me anywhere. I do measure however I haven't gotten to get a food scale yet.

You can get a food scale pretty cheap. Definitely worth a look if you're ultimately not losing the weight you think you should be losing.
  • mostwantedleast
    mostwantedleast Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have only been doing it for 2 weeks. If you are Woking out that much and watching your calorie intake you will lose weight. Don't worry so much about the lbs. So much .Do you feel better? I have done this so many times getting in shape and then quiting and the answer is to never quit. For me now it's more about staying healthy. Add Some strength training mix it up so you don't get bored. I like listening to my music. Keeps me going. The fitness app has helped me see what I was eating. Too much junk! Also I have started using the nutra bullet. I know I am getting my fruits and vegetables everyday, I was just eating all fast food.