sagging skin

Options
Hey everyone! Looking for some help or advice. I gained 100 lbs over the course of about a year after switching birth control pills. I went from 108 pounds to 220 pounds. I stopped taking the pills and began working out and eating alot better. I lost 75 pounds in a year. But then I decided to have a baby. The baby was born a month ago, and im back to working out and eating right but my problem is sagging skin on my lower stomach. Anyone have any ways to help get rid of this? Not sure if there is a way to post pictures or not.

Replies

• RomulanWarbird
    Options
    I'm having the same problem, and you can post pictures by doing:

[img (then a direct link to the image) [/img]

Just add the brackets on both sides of the img thing. So it's like this: [img]. Don't have a better way to explain it :c[/img]
  • Travelbug1955
    Travelbug1955 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Walking and Elliptical have been working for my sagging stomach skin. It shrinks down slowly.
  • ggluvbug1
    ggluvbug1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think some skin will rebound. It just depends on how much. After up and down weight and 3 pregnancies, I gave up and saw the plastic surgeon yesterday. My OB/GYN told me my tummy was too far gone for anything other than surgery. It all depends on the severity, I think. Plus, remember, you only had your baby a month ago. :)
  • tasharamsay91
    Options
    11tmus2.jpg
    Hopefully that picture works. I know it will take time since i just had a baby but just hoping there is a way to tighten it up without surgery.
  • ggluvbug1
    ggluvbug1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I agree that surgery is a last resort, and it is really just a vanity thing on my part. I think plenty of people in your position can lose it. Some of that is from the enlarged uterus shrinking back to normal, part is from excess fat that needs to be shed. I am assuming you are pretty young, so that will definitely play in your favor.
    For me, sugary carb heavy foods affect my midsection more than any other type of food. So, in addition to cardio and core strengthening, think about the kinds of foods you are eating.
  • Rocketgirlie
    Rocketgirlie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I had my babies. With weight loss, it's definitely decreased but the amount of loose skin I have left I know I will require a tummy tuck. Lucky for me I also have an abdominal hernia so I can get surgery to fix both issues at once. Keep eating healthy/exercising and the fat will disappear and then reevaluate whether the skin is loose enough to require surgery. Good luck!