Calories per workout?

Options
So I'm looking at balance beam/ball exercises so I can do a versatile workout in my living room. One website estimated "A person weighing 125 pounds can expect to burn about 150 calories -- and 300 in an hour -- while a person weighing 185 pounds can expect to burn about 222 -- 444 in an hour."

Is that a good workout?

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    It's honestly hard to say, different workouts have different benefits, how many calories you burn is only one aspect. If you JUST want a high calorie burn then it's alright, but the numbers are ballpark figures so a HRM would probably get you a better estimate of your burn. However, if it's a workout you enjoy and will do, then that makes a good workout in my books.
  • ashleyemiller14
    ashleyemiller14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, it just depends on how much of a calorie deficit you want. I have a tendency to go over my calorie limit for the day by 50-100 calories, so I do an elliptical workout for 45 minutes that burns an average of 400 calories, so I know I have a calorie deficit even if I go over a tad on my daily calorie count.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Every calculator you find for estimating calories burned will be just that...an estimate. If you really want an accurate count, definitely get a heart rate monitor. The ones with the chest strap are usually more accurate, but the strap can take a little getting used to. Once you've had it a while, you won't even notice the chest strap.