Entering food into MFP...

Options
When do you stop the day? I'm a night owl, so I'm sometimes up until 2 a.m. I've been entering food as "today" until I go to bed, even if it's technically "tomorrow." ????

For example, it's 12:26 a.m. right now (technically April 17), but anything I eat will get entered into April 16 until I go to bed... When I wake up in the morning, then I'll enter anything I eat into April 17... Make sense?

How does everyone else do this?

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I prefer midnight but I do not use the 'Complete' button anyway, so
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    When do you stop the day? I'm a night owl, so I'm sometimes up until 2 a.m. I've been entering food as "today" until I go to bed, even if it's technically "tomorrow." ????

For example, it's 12:26 a.m. right now (technically April 17), but anything I eat will get entered into April 16 until I go to bed... When I wake up in the morning, then I'll enter anything I eat into April 17... Make sense?

How does everyone else do this?

I do the same thing you do. It's "tomorrow" after I've slept. This also keeps me from snacking at night thinking I will make up for it the next day.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I eat meals about 3-4 hours apart, so I sometimes eat a meal at 2 or 3 AM. At midnight it starts a new day. Not sure what people do when they need to eat and do it the other way. Go over their goal? Go to bed hungry?
  • mc_hudd
    mc_hudd Posts: 47
    Options
    Well, I eat my last real meal between 6 & 7 p.m. I will snack after that though. I've been trying to eat a snack that fits into whatever calorie allotment I have left, but I'm also not opposed to going a little over if I feel I really need to.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I log it on the day I ate it...meaning if I have gone to sleep it's a new day.

You can go back to the "day before" and log it in that day...

I did that yesterday as I had "forgotten" a coffee a drank from Tim's so I went back and logged it...if you have hit the complete but it does update "if you eat like this everyday for 5 weeks you would weight xxx" notification.