2 week plateu?

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    wow thank you everyone for your feedback and comments. I appreciate it! I do consider 2 weeks with no loss a plateau also (glad to know im not the only one)

i am going to add another snack to my daily meals (fruit/veggies or a small portion of meat) and stay diligent about measuring.

as for the cardio.. i really enjoy my zumba, hip hop & Turbo Kick classes three times a week. i am taking weight classes 2 times a week (body pump) and an Ab/Arm class once a week. i really do not want to give up any of these classes so for now im going to stick with what i am doing... i think 2 hours a week of body pump should be okay for the strength training ?

Yea, your plan is ok. You won't maximize strength increases but it's better to do a workout progrma that you enjoy then suffer through something you dont. Heck, I worked with a women that did a full recomp over a year and went from 26% body fat down to 14.1% doing crossfit.

With that said, I would look to increase protein a bit. If anything, you should be aiming to get 70-80% of your body weight in grams of protein a day. This would allow you to hit around 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass.

You don't think 100 grams is enough?

Maybe? Since the OP hasn't posted her stats, it's hard to say. The OP would be tall, at which 100gms might be light. But if you go back more than a week, many days are around 70-80gms. So I guess I should have prefaced my statement.
  • tlsvas
    tlsvas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am currently on a four week bounce - up and down within the same four pound range. I believe mine is fluid retention which I must watch closely. In the past I have let that derail my efforts but I finally got clued into that is what my body does. More importantly are the NSV - "non scale victories". The scale may not show a drop but clothes, movements, how I feel are all indicators I'm achieving a healthier me. Pay attention to these things and less on a number on the scale!

adipace, very good post! I agree totally.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Dairy isn't public, i would check it again.. but plateaus are 4-6 weeks or longer. And do you use a food scale?

No such thing as a plateau. It just means you are eating at a maintenance level. People who purposefully eat at a maintenance level are not on a permanent 'plateau'.