Anyone recently start Ripped in 30?

Options
I started Ripped in 30 on Monday. Was wondering if anyone else started recently who may have support and feedback. For me, I think it will be tough to do full body 5 days in a row but that's my goal. Monday through Friday plus a possible bonus on Sunday (Jillian recommends 5-6 days per week).

Here's my feedback:

Day 1: Was MUCH tougher than I expected since I do regularly lift weights and HIIT cardio. But I got what I had hoped for - muscle confusion, tightness and soreness from new exercises, all of which hit multiple muscles which I really like! I used 3lb dumbbells.

Day 2: My lower body (GLUTES!) was completely sore/tight, especially when sitting for any length of time without moving. Upper body was a little tight. I upped the dumbells to 5lbs which made a surprisingly big difference. Was sore but powered through.

Day 3: Now my entire body is completely sore but I cannot wait to do it again tonight. 34 minutes is not too much of a time commitment and I feel so amazing afterward and even into the next day.

I can't imagine what Week 4 will be like.. eek!

Replies

• rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    We've been alternating morning workouts between Ripped and Extreme Shed and Shred. Just got going again about 3 weeks ago but starting to see results already. We do 2 days on 1 day off and continue with alternating vid.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I just now did Week 1/Day 1, modified version and no weights...yep, I'm that out of shape!! I did the full video program last year, when I was in much better shape, and was able to get through it all and see results. I'm very excited to have started it again, as I know that it will make a huge impact in my weight loss and fitness goals.
  • PearshapedBarbie
    Options
    I just started yesterday!..my body's feeling beat up, but I'll try my best to go at it again today!
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS last year and it's pretty much like Ripped in 30. I was sooooooo sore for the first week, even into the 2nd week, but after that, it's smooth sailing!!!!! By Week 4, you should be good to go!!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    HI! I started Monday also. I did 30DS and had about a 10 day break (sick)....so today was day 3 for me. I feel the same way as OP. Sore in a good way. So far very happy with this DVD. I use mostly 5lb weights (at the end I use 3lb since my arms are so tired)! Running man is a killer.....I have to rest a minute and get right back to it. I know from experience with 30DS that after this first week, things should be a little easier. I am hoping to workout 4-5 days a week.
  • aswearingen22
    aswearingen22 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 yesterday for the first time! (I'm just mixing up a bunch of her diff dvd's, not doing only 1 for a month). I kept hearing about running man, but it was the easiest thing I did, being a runner!:) I'll take that over push ups anyday! I'm still on my knees for pushups, I'll get back to the full ones soon!
  • pixelled
    pixelled Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @rsoice - great idea to mix it up! I may buy one of the Shred videos down the road and alternate like that to keep things fresh

@DAM5412 - Agree!! I thought I was in good shape until I invited Jillian over haha.. scared about week 2 let alone week 4!

@PearshapedBar - that's all she's asking .. for our best :) I figure if I can do it 5 days the first week then I'm doing pretty good

@ademitter - Thanks for the encouragement.. I hope you're right! At this point I can't even imagine week 4 hahah :)

@rwieber - I like this sore feeling .. I noticed it even hit my lower back which I don't normally hit. I also use mostly 5lb weights for now. Don't even get me started on Running man! Mine is more like an awkward arm flailing jogging man haha

@aswearingen22 - I can't wait to add more dvd's to my collection! Amazing that you had the energy for running man, by that point in the dvd I'm wishing for crunches just so I can lie down. :)
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Day 4 today since I skipped yesterday. I'm liking the DVD. It's getting a little bit better/easier to do. Hope everyone is sticking with it. Happy Friday :-)
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    So I slacked off yesterday....but did week 1/day 2 today and it kicked my *kitten*. I know it will get easier...no that's not true, it doesn't get easier, we just get better at it.

I also signed up for a C25K program starting next Wednesday night, after work. I don't usually like to work out after work (the small people in my house don't like it at all!), but it's such a great program and I need to build up my cardio and endurance. Plus two of my best friends are going to do the program with me and that's a huge plus!

Keep at it peeps, Jillian knows what she's doing (Yes torturing us!)!
  • Shortontime
    Shortontime Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    HI I just finished Ripped in 30 Week 2 Day 5 today. I have done 5 workouts a week. So far I've not lost any weight, but I've lost 7 centimeters (I'm Canadian) around my midsection by bellybutton and 3 cm in my hips. So, I'm still happy.

I start Week 3 tomorrow.

Please add me...