New&Need Friends!

Options
emrd11
emrd11 Posts: 7 Member
Hi all, I'm a 24 year old stay at home mom, I've been trying to lose weight since I had my son in August2013. I did alright at first, lost 11 pounds but then gained it back(and then some). My husband went on deployment a couple of months ago and I've gained another 10 pounds since he's been gone. (I tend to be an emotional eater) But now I am READY to hold myself accountable. I want to lose weight of course for myself and my little man and really want to WOW my husband when he returns. So anyone else on this journey to a healthy life feel free to add me! I can use all the friends and motivation I can get!!

Replies

• Liv1332
    Liv1332 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi There! Emrd11 :)
    I can agree on being an emotional eater! ive lost a good bit, but i have 10lbs to go. As a mom as well i can totally understand!
    Hope i can help you on your journey...
    Youve got a great start in MFP...
    Good Luck!!!
    Olivia.
  • emrd11
    Options
    Thanks Olivia!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I began my weight loss journey 2 years ago. I have lost 65 pounds so far, and have just a bit more to go! Getting encouragement along the way is so important. I would love to help in any way I can. I am also a recovering emotional eater :) so I hear ya on that one! - Kim
  • emrd11
    Options
    65 pounds?! That's incredible! Way to go!!
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    yeah it is possible, i too wanted to lose weight to be able to play with my sons. this year i have lost 30lbs so it is possible to do it, good luck to you

x
  • sarahjae4205
    sarahjae4205 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am just starting, too! I have a lot of weight to lose. I am hoping the MFP community will be a great way to stay motivated, help out along the journey and offer ideas, tips and tricks. :) Good luck to you!!
  • billhilly1968
    billhilly1968 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am down to my last 3 lbs. and they are fighting me every step of the way! I can use all the support I can get too. I can use motivation and ideas, tips and tricks too.
  • saarah031994
    Options
    I'm also starting as well! I lost 20 lbs when I was 14 (i was really heavy like 165) , but then I slowly gained it all back. I am now in college and finishing up the semester in less than 2 weeks. Once I get through that, my summer will be dedicated to getting back at my healthy weight again. If you need someone to motivate you then I'm your girl! We can do this!