Protein?? HELP

Options
I'm having trouble thinking of some low calorie healthy foods with a lot of protein!
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (I like Oikos), chicken, turkey (93/7), lean ground beef, fish (including tuna), pork loin... beans (not as high as meat, but cheap and have good fiber)
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    You can always add in some whey protein powder to a smoothie for a snack or meal. I make smoothies with protein mix, berries, a little bit of honey, some ground flax seed, a small bit of almonds, and some greek yogurt. It ends up being FULL of protein for only about 300 calories, and if your berries are nice and fresh then it's pretty sweet too!
  • countjackula
    Options
    I think that's when most people turn to protein shakes. :laugh:

Otherwise... almonds, string cheese, soybeans/edamame, roasted chicken, low-fat cottage cheese, beef jerky...
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    EGG WHITES! 17 cals per egg white. Whenever I cannot seem to get full (TOM usually) I eat like 5 of 'em! They are super filling and very low cal. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Kashi GO LEAN cereal. 10 grams of protein for a quick cereal in the morning.
  • Nannettemilligan
    Options
    Protein shakes are great .I have a protein shake everyday .I use pro 5 hers,thats the name if it...go on line to www.nuteknutrition.com and maybe you can order it .if thats what your looking for ..But alot of your vegie have protein...and chicken,fish and turkey..
  • taylinemi
    Options
    Thank you all!! All these suggestions are awesome
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Steak, fish, chicken .... I love meat so thats the best form of protein for me.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    EGG WHITES! 17 cals per egg white. Whenever I cannot seem to get full (TOM usually) I eat like 5 of 'em! They are super filling and very low cal. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

When I have egg white omelets, I use 6 of them and then add more to it like low fat cheese and lots of veggies. :flowerforyou:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Another thing I like to do is add some protein powder to oatmeal. That way I use the vanilla powder as flavoring and I don't need to add stevia or other sweeteners. I add some fruit and cinnamon, though, but it is still a very high fiber and very high protein breakfast that I love!