Calling all girls that eat and lift!

Options
I'm looking for more friends with similar goals.

I'm a 24-year-old female, 5'5" 138 lbs (137.8, but who's counting?), GW 130 lbs. I eat 1450 calories per day and eat back my exercise calories on weekend while staying under my weekly goal. Average daily calorie intake ends up being around 1650 by the end of the week. Losing very slowly, but surely.

I just started the SL 5x5 program, so I lift three days per week and do cardio and core using FitnessBlender two days per week. You won't see me burning 1000 calories in one day's worth of workouts - 200-250 is plenty for me.

So, I'm looking for ladies (or dudes, whatever) that lift and are not likely to fall into the following traps: 1200 calorie diets, detoxes, juice cleanses, Shakeology, fat loss wraps, energy or weight loss pills. Just good old fashioned eating and exercising like a normal person should.

Open diaries are a plus. I'm not here asking for you to motivate me or comment on my posts every day. I'm just looking for people with similar goals/interests.

Anyone? Add me!

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    sounds about right.

I have a bunch of the same on my feed. I'm not a diet hard "like" er or pep talker- but I pop in occasionally (mostly depends on how bored I am at work LOL)
  • MyChangeIsComing
    MyChangeIsComing Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We are very similar... add me that would be great.
  • jec228
    jec228 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I will send you a FR! I have been training for a marathon (it's on Monday) so that's why you may see some intense wacky calorie burns in my diary the past few months... I don't normally run 20 miles for fun. Once I finish that I am looking forward to starting back up with some weights and spinning again. Our calories look about the same and I am always open for new ideas and motivation. I am also looking to lose another 10lbs from where I am now but would be happy with 5-8. Diary is open :)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Read my profile, and you can add me if you want. I still consider myself a novice in terms of weightlifting, but I'm dreaming big.
  • badbcatha05
    badbcatha05 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am winding down in a training cycle for a half marathon and I do some lifting but nothing heavy yet.. Once this cycle is done, I want to revamp my training regimen to add more lifting. I love food entirely too much to set my limit to 1200 and generally try to eat back all of my exercise calories... except for my long run ones... As easy as it would be to get them all in, I don't want to refuel with complete junk. Add me if you like. My diary is open.
  • miss_phat_booty
    Options
    That's me! I don't lift heavy just yet (total noob here) but I will be adding lifting to my workouts come early May. I try to update my food log every day, like and comment on friends here.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    I do! Weight lifting 4X /HIIT 2X per week. I eat all kinds of foods (1413 calories). Open Diary for all to see and I log daily. I'm 25 as well if that matters lol. I'm on IIFYM so I can't technically eat back my calories since I am tracking my macronutrients as well as my micronutrients every week (Meal planning to the t) My macros are 141gProtein/85gCarbs/55Fats

But if you follow me on Instagram (I wish MFP has a feature where you can add photos of your meals and its nutritional value) I am a great cook and my meals have been on point these past few weeks. On the weekend I do splurge - I don't track my macros and I eat a net of 1500 -1800 during weekends.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    We are already friends but I thought I'd post to maybe grab a new friend or two :P

I'm 5'7, 150ish pounds, female, 23 years old. I follow the 5x5 program too and eat at TDEE-10% which is about 1800 calories right now.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I'd love a few new friends that eat and lift as well. I'm mostly doing bodyweight exercises (pullups,pushups) right now but have high hopes for lifting in the near future. :-) I eat about the same as well in the 1600ish range. A little bit older and heavier though! 5'4 ,31 and 148 lbs. Add me and I'll add you back!
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This is me, although I do still consider myself a novice lifter.

I am currently working my way through New Rules of Lifting: Supercharged and loving it. I also just started Roller Derby, so I do have some days with high cal burns.

I am 5'7 and 144 lbs. I usually try to eat 2500 cals a day, but do pay more attention do the weekly goal rather than daily.

I have an open diary, but don't judge on the last week as I was well under my goal due to a stomach bug. :(
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    any of you can ad me,,tho I do like big cardio burns a couple times a week along with lifting,,just because I like it!
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    definitely doing a weight/strength program, but not doing 'lifting' lifting. I do weights, TRX, kettlebells, and medicine ball work, occasional BodyPump, along with cardio (spinning, kickboxing, bootcamp)....and I throw in a 30 day shred here and there with some running. Working out 5-6 days a week

5'-3"
    Anywhere from 139-142 lbs
    looking to get down to 125-130 and juut get a more muscular arm/ab look going on!
    I switched to TDEE - 17% (kind of averaged out the recommended 15% and the aggressive 20% cut)- puts me at a goal of 1600 +/- calories
  • CRCR81
    CRCR81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm just getting back into more strength/weights and it'd be great to see what everyone else is doing
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    5'4", Currently 153.4, 30 years old (about to turn 31, gross)

I eat 1720 M-F, 2400 Sa/Su. I log absolutely everything and I don't eat back exercise calories.

The Plan: Stronglifts5x5 MWF and Cardio & Some random core/isolation work on Sundays (abs, assisted pull-ups & dips)

DL - 1RM 95
    Benching about 65 in my heaviest working sets.
    Squatting about 95 in my heaviest working sets.
    Overhead press is abysmal, 30 lbs fixed weight barbell is heaviest I can do.
    BOR: 60 for heaviest working sets

I would like to be 130 lbs by mid/late summer.

Goals beyond weight loss: Safely increase my weight on all exercises.
  • ellojenn
    ellojenn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Do any of you ladies have desk jobs like I do? If so, is the struggle harder to eat more? I'd like to follow you if you are in a similar situation as I am. I use to work retail & not sedentary but I've picked up a new job which has given me a few struggles. Just looking for girls who lift in the same position as I am.
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hello! Eater and a lifter here...happy to have like minded friends :)

To eating and lifting!! :drinker:
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I love to eat (no not always healthy, but ) and I train hard. I train hardest though on my leg days when I get into lil beast mode :)
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Do any of you ladies have desk jobs like I do? If so, is the struggle harder to eat more? I'd like to follow you if you are in a similar situation as I am. I use to work retail & not sedentary but I've picked up a new job which has given me a few struggles. Just looking for girls who lift in the same position as I am.

I have a desk job and I work out during my lunch hour. I lift 3 days a week and have been doing so for almost 6 months. My calories are set at 2000, but I usually average around 1500-1800. I look at food as fuel, so I don't struggle with the eating part too much anymore.
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me! :) Lift 3x per week and also mountain bike on the weekends. Love to eat and get in my proteins. Anyone is free to add me :)
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Just finished 5x5 adding in cardio twice weekly now. I eat anywhere from 1800-2000 calories daily. Not always a consistent logger but I give it my best effort, lol!