tattoos

Options
chelseafisher5648
chelseafisher5648 Posts: 60 Member
I am wanting opinion from guys and girls on tattoos. Is there a level that is attractive and not if they are quality tattoos? I have a few all able to b covered because of my employment. I have three stars on my ribs and my full back done in angel wings. I mentioned the other day to my mom getting some more. I am wanting shading done behind stars, and a 3d corset tattoo in the empty space between the wings on my lower back and bows on the back of my thighs. My mom says this is excessive and skin is attractive. I love my tats and think they are sexy but am now wondering if I am starting to get carried away and how they look to others. Please share what your opinion is.

Replies

• BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Opinions are like *kitten*; everybody has one.....so on and so forth. A tattoo is YOU. Personal. Do what you want and forget what the masses say.

Of course, that's just my opinion. :laugh:
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Tattoos on women are becoming more and more widely accepted. Not best to get opinions from people of an older generation on excessive tattoos on women. My grandmother hates mine because her generation has a different idea of tattoos and who should get what. Get what you want. Heavily tattooed women are hott.
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I work too in a professional environment, however, I get my tattoos for me. If that makes me a "rebel" "badass" or any other name that comes with the territory then let people think that..

DO FOR YOU NO ONE ELSE
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I say get what you want, and if someone doesn't like them, then you don't need to worry with that person. Do what makes you happy.

Having said that, I think tattoos are really sexy, on men and women both.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Chicks with tattoos are better than chicks without tattoos, it's a fact!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Unless your employer has an established, written policy against visible tattoos, it's none of their business. I have a few, and some piercings as well. Fortunately I have never worked in an industry that cared about things like that.
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I think that part of that is a matter of opinion and part has to do with your lifestyle. If you are a full time successful artist, then by all means, have tattoos. That is the kind of job where it would be accepted. But if you work a 9-5 in an office as like PR for example, then it's probably not a good look. Personally Ive seen women with sleeves who were super hot!
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I've always found tattoos very attractive on women if they are good. Generic tattoos in generic spots ("tramp stamps") are sort of dumb to me. I just don't see the point. But back, stomach, and arm tattoos that are original and look good are really attractive.

I have one tattoo now and will probably get another when I reach my goal ad a "reward"
  • Just_Bella
    Options
    Who cares who it's attractive to. If you like them get them if you don't, don't. Simple
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I have 2 (planning on having 4) and I feel sexy

my fiance has 1 and he is sexy to me

UI think so long as the tattoo has significance and is tasteful its acceptable in my eyes
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I have 6. And I do want more. Do what makes you happy, screw the rest!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    i love tattoos, on both men and women. I think when they are well done, they are very attractive.
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Unless your employer has an established, written policy against visible tattoos, it's none of their business. I have a few, and some piercings as well. Fortunately I have never worked in an industry that cared about things like that.

I have a half sleeve and want a full but I work for the court :sad: and don't want to wear long sleeves all the time.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    I have em. They're quite visible. Anyone that doesn't like that can deal with it. As far as women, inked girls are best girls. It is known.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options

I have a half sleeve and want a full but I work for the court :sad: and don't want to wear long sleeves all the time.

They are slowly becoming more mainstream. You see doctors and teachers with them now. I imagine in our lifetimes they will cease to be a big deal.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Skin is attractive, especially when decorated with beautiful art.
  • nicolemviolette
    nicolemviolette Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ok first of all.. You have bows on the back of your thighs!? I wanna get those so bad. I have so many pictures of different kinds to bows I want on my thighs, or maybe my shoulders near my collar bones.

2nd, who cares what anyone says? Tattoos are sexy as hell. I have 3, relatively small ones and I love them. I cant wait to get more. Tattoos are a way of expressing yourself. Some people are "tattoo people" and some people arent. So if people dont like your tats then thats their opinion and it shouldnt affect what you do to YOUR body.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Its your choice. Its your body. Just be sure its something you won't regret later in life.

In my opinion, good quality tattoos are beautiful. Just be sure that you can cover them if your employer requires it. Always going to a reputable tattooist that displays their certifications on the wall.
  • _mlee_
    _mlee_ Posts: 90
    Options
    In my opinion I LOVE them on anyone (as long as they are done well) and I have a few. I personally would not get tattoos on my neck, face or hands but everyone has their own opinion.