going over carb & sugar limit

Options
i lent over mt carb limit buy -22 and sugar buy -150 with still two meals to eat to day what can i do or is carbs and sugar that bad :sad:

Replies

• Gregbarnes300
    Gregbarnes300 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    good question. i will be looking to see what you find out on this one. i am over all the time.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    The default macros for MFP are nothing special. If you want more carbs, adjust your macros so that you can fit more carbs into your diet. If you do better with less carbs, lower the macros accordingly. Don't stress over violating arbitrary macros though.
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Well, eating a lot of carbs and sugar consistently probably isn't the best way to lose weight/gain muscle but don't freak out if it's a rare occurrence. And like the previous answer mentions, you can change the ratio if you want. Personally, I do the best when I don't eat very many carbs or much sugar and focus on healthy fats and protein but that's just me and my body. So what can you eat? Eggs, roasted chicken, fish, veggies, tuna salad, basically protein and leafy greens.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If you eat more carbs/sugar than your body needs, it will be stored as fat. MFP gives you deficit goals, so you might be okay,but it will definitely screw up weight loss.
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    When I first started out my weight loss journey I had the same issue, where I was going over my carbs on almost a daily basis. I ended up adjusting my split to 60/30/10 (Carb/Protein/Fat) and found that alot more manageable for the first 40 lbs or so. Sometimes it takes a little time to get it all dialed in correctly but when you get there you will know it!
  • AnthonyThrashD
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over exceeding macros today. Focus on staying under your goal calories, for a win. Tomorrow, try watching those macros :smile:
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I've read through quite a few threads where members have said they've gone over on the sugar area in the food tracking. Where are most of your sugars coming from? Do you eat a lot of fresh fruits?
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Honestly it is tough for me too. In my opinion protein is important to try and fit into each and every meal- otherwise I end up overeating on Carbs.

Sugar thats such a tough one...its constantly debated if processed sugar is worse than sugar from the actual fruit- I try and not worry about my sugar if its coming from whole foods. For me personally I try and watch the processed foods and sugars.

Do your best to meet your macros dont freak about it
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Honestly it is tough for me too. In my opinion protein is important to try and fit into each and every meal- otherwise I end up overeating on Carbs.

Sugar thats such a tough one...its constantly debated if processed sugar is worse than sugar from the actual fruit- I try and not worry about my sugar if its coming from whole foods. For me personally I try and watch the processed foods and sugars.

Do your best to meet your macros dont freak about it

Fruit sugar is okay, there is fiber in it which will help regulate the adsorption. Sugar in the coffee, sweets, etc will cause blood sugar spikes. If you go over your sugar goal with fruit, I wouldn't worry too much about that unless you have some health issues. Like my doctor says, she's never seen an overweight person whose problem is they eat too much fruit.

Lower the carb/processed sugar intake until you get into a really grumpy mood and then you'll know where your limit is.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    If you are still under your overall calorie target then it really doesn't matter too much.

Just make sure you are hitting your protein, and the rest will take care of it's self.:smile: