Turkey Burger recipe?

Options
2»

Replies

• hstnljean
    hstnljean Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    all of the recipes sound good will have to try some of them soon thanks everyone
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle Weber Gourmet Burger™ Seasoning on mine.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    We had grilled turkey burgers for supper tonight. My recipe for Larro Turkey Burgers:

16 oz ground turkey
    2 oz oatmeal
    1 egg
    2 Tbs BBQ sauce
    1/3 Tbs salt
    1/3 Tbs black pepper
    1/3 Tbs Roasted Garlic and Herb seasoning

This makes 4 or 5 burgers, so just divide the recipe by 4 for a quarter pound burger. We have been doing them as wraps, so it works better to cook the burgers rectangular.

10151258_725439464167846_5388367966172872516_n.jpg
  • suzywantsitall
    suzywantsitall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dempseymom4
    dempseymom4 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My turkey burgers consist of ground turkey, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Minced onions and/or garlic salt if I'm feeling fancy. No recipe. If I wanted to add bread crumbs and eggs and stuff, I'd just go ahead and make a meatloaf. :)

That is exactly what my husband does for me when he grills them. Just marinates them in Worcestershire sauce with a little salt and pepper
  • law110
    law110 Posts: 43
    Options
    A grated apple is really yummy mixed in with the turkey before cooking (brie and caramelized onion toppings).
  • onleethestrong
    onleethestrong Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I always add finely diced fresh mushrooms to my turkey burgers. You can't see or taste them, but they really help to keep the burger from drying out!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Bumping to look at later.
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    add a litte curry paste ... mmmmmm curry (in voice of Homer Simpson)

little onion & green pepper too

add some oil too - turkey burgers can be (cough) dry .....

Get creative !!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    My turkey burgers consist of ground turkey, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Minced onions and/or garlic salt if I'm feeling fancy. No recipe. If I wanted to add bread crumbs and eggs and stuff, I'd just go ahead and make a meatloaf. :)

Meatloaf wraps. No need for a fork. Why didn't I think of this sooner?
  • marleniap
    marleniap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    A grated apple is really yummy mixed in with the turkey before cooking (brie and caramelized onion toppings).

We had turkey burgers last night and they were super good but a bit dry. I remembered my dad saying he puts apples in his. Does this help make them not so dry?

Any other thoughts on preventing them from drying out?
  • larrodarro
    Options

We had turkey burgers last night and they were super good but a bit dry. I remembered my dad saying he puts apples in his. Does this help make them not so dry?

I add an egg to keep it moist, along with oatmeal to hold it together. It's extra calories, but I've always done it this way, even when we used ground chuck.
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

I add an egg to keep it moist, along with oatmeal to hold it together. It's extra calories, but I've always done it this way, even when we used ground chuck.

Thanks! I'll try that next time!
  • mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Season heavily with Mrs Dash Chipotle Southwest seasoning. To address dryness, I top my with fresh salsa veggies.