After 24 years, I am under 200 pounds!

Options
So, yesterday I got on the scale to see that awesome 199 looking back at me. I haven't seen a number that started with a "1" since I was maybe 12 or 13 years old. I have been logging onto MFP for 421 days, but I always lurk here in the forums for motivation and inspiration so I wanted to share a bit of my story for those starting out.

My initial goal was to lose 100 pounds. That sounds SO daunting! And even now at 95 lbs down it still looks like such a giant number! But I am doing it. And I feel better than I have felt in a long long time...maybe as long as I can remember. My goal was never necessarily to be "skinny", but to be healthy and fit. For the first time in my life I am buying some things in a regular "L"...not the XXXL I was wearing! I realized the other day that SO many people I love have NEVER seen me at this size...my husband, my kids, a lot of my friends! So weird.

As you can probably tell from my history on here, I am not much of a poster...so excuse any blatant forum mistakes! It is a long process, but very rewarding and I was just so excited I wanted to share! Thank you all here for all the inspiration!

Replies

• TRIX5884
    TRIX5884 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! keep your momentum going! you're right - 100 is a huge number - it's a huge number that YOU will accomplish! So proud of your hard work and determination! Keep it going! you are such an inspiration!
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Congratulations on all the hard work! I'm sure it is sooo worth it!!! You look fantastic and you are doing amazing!!! YAY
  • Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's incredible work. So happy for your success!
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait to see those numbers myself. The same applies to me and I am very proud of you. We can do this for sure!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My most sincere & heartfelt congrats to you, lady.

I know how monumental that is, too. I was over 200 for 22 years myself (ages 15-37) and just entered "onederland" in January :-) I'm not saying others' reentry to onederland is any less important or anything like that but for those of us who know 200+ as our "normal weight for twenty years" it is even more flabbergasting to see those 100-numbers again!!!

Congratulations again!!
  • attybell
    attybell Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    SUPER STOKED FOR YOU !!! What an incridiable journey
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story. Thanks so much for sharing. I can so relate to living for years above 200 pounds. I think it has been about 25 for me, maybe longer, and definitely 35 since the one time I managed to diet to a reasonable weight as an adult. I'm looking forward to the first digit on the scale being a "1" also. Soon.
  • jennie5693
    jennie5693 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Amazing work and dedication.

I'm headed there myself :)
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Yay for you, love this!!
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I love your outfit in your profile pic, BTW - you look so thin and stylish!
  • scuttlez
    scuttlez Posts: 51
    Options
    That's so great! I know exactly how you feel... when I got under 200, I think I was ready to cry ;) You can do it! If I can, anyone can. I was almost 230 and I'm down to 154 currently...14 pounds away from my goal weight.
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well Done - what an inspiration - Keep Going!
  • des618
    des618 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! I can't wait to join you in One-derland. Congrats on your loss, you're doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • nrheasley
    nrheasley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    How did you get the TARDIS as your ticker?? Congratulations!
  • tildastwistedlife
    tildastwistedlife Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous! Congrats! Congrats! I am only 8 pounds away but it seems like 50 pounds. Glad to hear great accomplishments!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    amazing job! congrats!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! An awesome result!
  • blindedbyawesome
    blindedbyawesome Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Way to go
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    That is so fabulous!! And you look amazing!! Thank you for sharing your story! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • erinbeth85
    Options
    That is awesome, great job! Not only on being in "onederland" but in losing 95 pounds.. that's quite an accomplishment! I'm down 60 pounds from my heaviest weight, and I'm only about 6 pounds away from being under 200, so I'm getting antsy to see that 199 staring up at me! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!