tattoos

Options

Replies

• hellykill
    hellykill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I got ink. I want more. I agree with the masses... do what makes you happy. Period.
    And everyone knows inked girls are schmexy :devil:
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    i love tattoos, on both men and women. I think when they are well done, they are very attractive.

This, with an emphasis on well done.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Unless your employer has an established, written policy against visible tattoos, it's none of their business. I have a few, and some piercings as well. Fortunately I have never worked in an industry that cared about things like that.

I have a half sleeve and want a full but I work for the court :sad: and don't want to wear long sleeves all the time.

They are slowly becoming more mainstream. You see doctors and teachers with them now. I imagine in our lifetimes they will cease to be a big deal.

Yep, way more acceptable in the white collar world now. Many years ago when I was doing side work of debugging code for Y2K, I had an employee at the bank I was doing the contract work for tell me that I didn't look like a computer guy because I had tattoos (along with just wearing jeans and a t-shirt and riding a motorcycle to work). Now-a-days, it's hard to find people in the IT field that don't have some sort of ink. Hell, the CEO of the company I work for now has the Ohio State logo tattooed on his forearm.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Its your body and your money, do what you want.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Opinions are like *kitten*; everybody has one.....so on and so forth. A tattoo is YOU. Personal. Do what you want and forget what the masses say.

Of course, that's just my opinion. :laugh:

This. Nothing more to say.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the comments on this thread. It's your body. It's self expression. Do what you want. I think tattoos on women are sexy. Meaningful tattoos with a story are even more interesting. Only downfall is career path. It is becoming more acceptable in the work place although it still can hinder your career. I'm in the army where tattoos were very common before anywhere else, now they just changed our policy so we can't have sleeves or any tats showing in uniform. Kind of ironic. Lol
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    It's really up to you and a SO, if you have one and respect his or her opinion. I have two and they both have meaning to me and are well done. I won't be getting more because my hubs doesn't care for a lot of tats on women and would prefer for me not to have a lot of them. Since I respect his opinion and want him to find me attractive, I won't get anymore. If you are single and want to get more tats, get them! It's your body, and your money. You are getting them where they can be covered with clothing and won't affect any type of career, so that shouldn't be a problem. they are really becoming much more socially acceptable.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are awesome. Screw what other people think. If they don't like you for having tattoos, you shouldn't be friends with them anyway.
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well said. I think tattoos are hot and people should get them if they'd like. If it does affect your job, you may want to think about it, but if it doesn't then go for it. I want to get another. :happy:
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Unless your employer has an established, written policy against visible tattoos, it's none of their business. I have a few, and some piercings as well. Fortunately I have never worked in an industry that cared about things like that.

I have a half sleeve and want a full but I work for the court :sad: and don't want to wear long sleeves all the time.

They are slowly becoming more mainstream. You see doctors and teachers with them now. I imagine in our lifetimes they will cease to be a big deal.

Maybe one day but not under the current judge. He is very old fashioned.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing: If you really want a tattoo, you don't give a **** what other people think. You get it for you. If someone doesn't like it, it's not on them so don't worry about it.
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    2 WORDS- LOVE EM! love them on girls and males I think their sexy .:flowerforyou: :love:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I freaking love tats on women....I think its out of this world sexy
  • chelseafisher5648
    chelseafisher5648 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    wow Thanks for all the feedback. I do love my tats and my hubby does as well and supports me getting them. (He has many) but when I heard my mom comment I worried I don't want to go out in a swimsuit an b the discussion of how bad I look or how gross so many tats r. Everyone was so positive n this feed really got my head back on track Thanks :)
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    It's your body, so get whatever the hell you want, however many you want, and where ever on your body you want them.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Tats:

One old man's opinion:

As so many have stated already, it is really up to you.

I have made a choice not to have any. My wife of 42 years does not have any. Those were our choices. I just do not get the idea behind them.

As such, I DO respect the idea that others appreciate them.
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have em. They're quite visible. Anyone that doesn't like that can deal with it. As far as women, inked girls are best girls. It is known.

totally agree:-)
  • niko919
    niko919 Posts: 551
    Options
    love them
  • rcc24again
    rcc24again Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I love mine and women with nice tats are hot!
  • ashleezona
    ashleezona Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are awesome. Screw what other people think. If they don't like you for having tattoos, you shouldn't be friends with them anyway.

I agree with this completely... My tattoos are my '*kitten* filter'
    My tattoos may say a lot about me, but how you react to them, tells me a lot about you!