Can anyone help me with figuring out portions?

Options
I always feel like I ask the weirdest questions here,:blushing: but if I can’t find it on Google I turn to you all, and you’re so knowledgeable and nice to me, so here I go again. Aware I need to get a food scale. But in the meantime, just wondering if anyone who has been at this longer than me can help with some good guessing…. Like how many ounces in a slice of spiral cut ham (since they’re all sliced about the same you’d think I could find this info online, but no, it’s all by ounces) Same thing for a slice of Prime Rib roast, I took a pretty thick slice that was left over, cut it in half, trimmed off all the fat and cut it up in my veggies….again, it was barely over ½ cup, but I don’t know how much it weighed, I put an ounce, took it out, put in 2 ounces, I’m just not sure. I have been measuring everything I can, even put that old shot glass:drinker: to use measuring the wine for my wine spritzer. Been paying close attention to portion sizes on packaged food, but still feel like I’m doing a lot of guessing, and this morning I read most people underestimate their food consumption by 20 percent… so now I’m worried!! :frown: Any insights?

Replies