Waist slimming belt work?

Options
13»

Replies

• tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have 2 different styles that I wear when working out. The primary reason I use it is to control the bouncing of my tummy. I find that I can't work out as long or as hard if I don't have one on, just too much uncontrolled movement :laugh: . On the slim chance I lose any extra in that area it is a bonus, but I am definately not holding my breath on that :laugh: .

This. I agree with this statement. I've been wearing mine on virtually every workout in the last 2.5 years and though I've lost about 15 inches total off my waist, I do not attribute the belt to that loss. I've been working out and eating at a calorie deficit. However, I forgot to wear the belt often enough through the last 2.5 years to know that my stomach starts to HURT from all the bouncing when I'm not wearing it. I give up on the workout since I'm in too much pain to continue.
  • ritashaba
    Options
    Are you guys serious?!! Sweating means you are burning calories to create the energy to be able to sweat!! So you are not just losing water, but burning calories as well. Not only jogging would help lose weight!!
  • WorkoutJunkie1
    Options
    Just purchased a waist slimming belt at winners for 6.99. I was recommended by a friend and she claims that it is suppose to help reduce water weight. There are claims online that people lost inches around their bellies. I used it today on the treadmill and did have a lot of sweat around my belly. I am skeptical on the claims but I thought 6.99 I would give it a go.
    So just wondering what your thoughts are on this. Please don't tell me I just wasted 6.99...I already realize that I probably did.
    Thanks a bunch on any input;)

6.99 is not such a big loss. better than spending it on a big mac

^ this. Great way of looking at it. I guess whatever makes you feel happy about yourself use. I wouldn't use it everytime. Just use it when you've consumed too much sodium.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yes there are many slimming belt companies are there that will provide you the best outcomes of slimming you and keeping you fit and healthy.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Are you guys serious?!! Sweating means you are burning calories to create the energy to be able to sweat!! So you are not just losing water, but burning calories as well. Not only jogging would help lose weight!!

Um, jogging = calorie burn......sweating does not = calorie burn.

If sweating burned calories we could just sit in a sauna....and be slim in no time. OP is making an effort....that's where the calorie burn comes from. It's the effort, not the belt. If the belt encourages effort....that's a good thing.
  • Missboss888
    Missboss888 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been using a more expensive slimming belt that is supposed to change your shape semi-pemanently. I've been using it going on 3 weeks. It definitely helps with posture. I'm compressed enough that I'm full after eating half my meal, it helps when working out and I'm 4 lbs down after weighing in. It was pretty pricey so I'm hoping it works like they say it does. Lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    No, sweating is the body's mechanism to cool it. It doesn't ALWAYS mean one is efficiently exercising to burn calories. People sweat in a sauna. People sweat when they get nervous. People sweat tanning at the beach.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Yes there are many slimming belt companies are there that will provide you the best outcomes of slimming you and keeping you fit and healthy.
    Unfortunately no.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition