Replies

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    cover in liquid smoke and kraft bbq sauce, then make a ranch dressing glaze
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    So many things you can do, but, if it were me, I would de-bone it, cut it into thick steaks. Bruch with a garlic infused olive oil and then make a rub. Rosemary would be a no brainer to include with the rub. Paprika, Pepper. Cook it on a very hot grill. 7 minutes per side for medium to medium rare.

Don't think I would smoke it.Might be tough.
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The digi special. You are gonna want to forget that smoker and microwave for 20 minutes instead
  • Rage_Phish
    Options
    The digi special. You are gonna want to forget that smoker and microwave for 20 minutes instead

my mouth is watering
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    i would come over....!!!
  • Mac_X
    Mac_X Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Leg of lamb just screams out for a mint demi-glaze. I'd smoke it for a very small while, just to get the flavor, then finish off in foil in the stove at a low temp...it'll come off tender and ready for consumption after a 20 minute rest.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Trade the leg of lamb in for a couple of good steaks and grill 'em up.
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I like chicken marinated in yogurt with cajun spices.

I also love, love, love grilled veggies. Thinly slice some potatoes, peppers, tomatoes, add some corn and fresh cilantro, toss in a bit of olive oil in a foil packet. When cooked add in a bit of yogurt to make a southwest style potato salad.

Stab some holes in a whole eggplant and grill it whole. Mix it with some tahina to make moutabel.
  • Rage_Phish
    Options

terrible idea. lamb is amazing
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I would make little slices in the lamb and stuff them with garlic slivers. Roast that on the grill to your desired temperature - you could use a little smoke, but I would definitely go with applewood or cherry for a mild flavor. For the sauce, a chimichurri. I prefer cilantro, but many people like mint, and either one would be fantastic.
  • becksxxx70
    becksxxx70 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    All sounding good.........thanks for the ideas........:drinker:
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'd keep it simple. Salt, pepper, onion and garlic.

In the smoker, I'd minimize the smoke flavor by building a charcoal fire then use one or two hunks of oak or hickory for flavor but, not for cooking the whole thing. Serve it with mint sauce.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

terrible idea. lamb is amazing

Then, by all means, enjoy your lamb. I like steak.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Leg of lamb.
    BBQ/smoker.
    Full spice rack.

What would you do?

Make chicken or ribs instead
    IMG_20130626_180959.jpg
    IMG_20130707_144106.jpg
    ohhhh yeahhh

When it comes to home lamb stuff I like the fondant or Indonesian kaboobs (not a big fan otherwise unless it's in teeny pieces)
    IMG_20121230_170553.jpg
    20140214_195524.jpg

I'll have to take some bbq lamb suggestions here...

for bbq lovers, I REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE THIS THING
    IMG_20130626_180058.jpg
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Is mint commonly used so it masks the taste of the lamb...? Just curious, I've only had it a couple times, but I haven't really cared for it...
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The post from codergirl is the sexiest post I have seen on MFP so far...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • CherrypieOmy
    Options
    Is mint commonly used so it masks the taste of the lamb...? Just curious, I've only had it a couple times, but I haven't really cared for it...

Mint sauce is mainly vinegar, mint, and a little sugar. It helps break down some of the fattiness of the meat and leaves your mouth feeling clean. Lamb is so fatty that it needs something to cut through it.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    The post from codergirl is the sexiest post I have seen on MFP so far...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    :happy: :flowerforyou: hmmm if only there was a :bbq4u: gif.

P.S. turns out Indonesian saute pictured above is delicious bbqed.
  • lmmathis86
    lmmathis86 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    okay smoke it for two hours at 175! Make sure temp is 175. Before putting on pit spice with whatever you like. After two hours take off wrap in foil and put back on pit for three hours till done. Bring temp up to 250 to 275.
  • CHSegl
    CHSegl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm married to a top tier competitive BBQer: word of advice, DON'T smoke lamb. It's nasty, and I *love* lamb. Best bet is to stuff the fell with tons of garlic, brush on the butter and grill gently till just a touch past rare, and enjoy. Rosemary and the other typical mediterranean spices also work very well with lamb. Low and slow is not good for this lean cut of tender meat.