omgtry
omgtry Posts: 114
2 tbsp of butter i know i use a lot of butter sorry but nothing like butter
2 medium onions chopped for soup
2 med carrots chopped thinly for soup no big chunks please
3 cups of coleslaw mix......yes or yours your choice again
1/2 pound of kielbasa cut in quarters
2 14 oz cans of beef broth low salt or other your choice again
1/2 tsp of caraway seeds not to many have his ready at hand if you are not a soup maker or german potatoe salad maker
1/4 tsp of pepper ok here we go
melt butter in 4 quart sauce pan till sizzling......add onions n carrots cover over med heat stirring often till tender 3....4 mins add all remaining ingredients cook over med heat 8 mins now reduce heat to med....cooking till carrots are tender 6 mins 200cal

Replies

• writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Just to be clear, this is pre-chopped coleslaw mix and not coleslaw with the dressing already on it, right? I can't imagine hot pre-made coleslaw, but that's what the ingredients make it sound like.
  • MercyOxendine
    MercyOxendine Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, I have never considered grabbing the preshredded Cole mix except to add mayo and make coleslaw. Mostly I grab a whole cabbage and cut it up but this is great. It will be simple to make, I really like that. ;-)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I like it too!
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I do almost exactly this, but as a sort of stir fry instead of as a soup. So yummy. Can't wait to try the soup variety.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp of butter i know i use a lot of butter sorry but nothing like butter
    2 medium onions chopped for soup
    2 med carrots chopped thinly for soup no big chunks please
    3 cups of coleslaw mix......yes or yours your choice again
    1/2 pound of kielbasa cut in quarters
    2 14 oz cans of beef broth low salt or other your choice again
    1/2 tsp of caraway seeds not to many have his ready at hand if you are not a soup maker or german potatoe salad maker
    1/4 tsp of pepper ok here we go
    melt butter in 4 quart sauce pan till sizzling......add onions n carrots cover over med heat stirring often till tender 3....4 mins add all remaining ingredients cook over med heat 8 mins now reduce heat to med....cooking till carrots are tender 6 mins 200cal

Aarrrrgh! I can't believe I hand shredded a cabbage last wk when I could have bought the pack. Now I can make cabbage chickpea dumplings in 1/3 the time! Thanks for the info!
  • Jest45
    Jest45 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump, sounds yummy!
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Bump for making later :flowerforyou:
  • TrinaGayle
    TrinaGayle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do this as a stir fry...never though about adding broth to make soup.. sounds good.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It's a great idea. Very handy and I've done it once before in a soup.
  • jymmeh
    jymmeh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey Jim, What would a serving size be and the calories per serving? :-) This sounds awesome!!!!